MACA vs EFA shootout, June 23rd.

Miamifan1354

De Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
Ok, this is gonna sound pretty dumb, but I don't race much, if at all, so what's the difference between an index and a bracket?

Antex

quantum entanglement
Established Member
Miamifan1354 said:
Ok, this is gonna sound pretty dumb, but I don't race much, if at all, so what's the difference between an index and a bracket?

Bracket racing - you put your estimated time that you think you are going to run & you can change this every round...also if you dial in a 11.00 and the person you are racing against dials in a 12.0 he get to leave a full second before you.

Index racing - you can't run faster than the index class you are in..index racing is also head up..the light goes and you both leave at the same time...

Last edited:

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Thanks Matt. I'll remove Mikey Lightning, etc etc. I promise I check the site everyday, even if it takes a while!

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
I'LL BE THERE!! :banana:

For a while I didn't know if it was worth coming, my car had a bad miss, and I didn't want to live with the shame of a 20 sec 1/4 mile.

But Bill Wise....Wiseguy...is the man, and got me going again. So I can make it.

Now I can rip off one of those sub 15 sec times. :loser:

And any one's welcome to borrow my helmet....no cooties though. :nono:

Last edited:

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Awww I see NOVI 357 on the thread PLEEEEASSSSE tell me your coming. Been drooling over that coupe for a while

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
N2DAMYSTIC said:
Awww I see NOVI 357 on the thread PLEEEEASSSSE tell me your coming. Been drooling over that coupe for a while
I'm already trying to get him lined up against my friends Porsche! Haha I can't wait to see his car either.

I'm all loaded up and ready.

Antex

quantum entanglement
Established Member
2bscrewed said:
I'm already trying to get him lined up against my friends Porsche! Haha I can't wait to see his car either.

I'm all loaded up and ready.

I've seen his car in the winners circle too many damn times....:lol1:

Locked & loaded here too.....:banana:

Novi357

It's stock...
Established Member
N2DAMYSTIC said:

I'm still set to be there.

Anyone else driving down 301? Give me an idea of time and I should be able to meet up for the drive down.

flowgoode

F it!
Established Member
Novi357 said:
I'm still set to be there.

Anyone else driving down 301? Give me an idea of time and I should be able to meet up for the drive down.

I'm going to be coming down rt.5 through hughesville from waldorf. I'm going to try and leave my house by 8am.

Novi357

It's stock...
Established Member
flowgoode said:
I'm going to be coming down rt.5 through hughesville from waldorf. I'm going to try and leave my house by 8am.

I am from near Crofton. I pretty much go straight down 301 and then take Leonardtown to Trinity Church, etc. etc. to 234.

I'm leaving around 7:45 or so.

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Well guys, I cant seem to catch a break. I've had the worst luck with this car this year. After spending most of the day trying to figure out the problem I was having with the car last weekend in Michigan, I finally fixed it, loaded the car up, and headed to Mason Dixon. I noticed earlier when test driving the car it started running hot, t-stat wasnt opening so I figured I would just burp the system at the track. After doing so, I noticed a steady stream of coolant making its way down and around the bellhousing.:cuss: At this point I can only hope that when I re-installed my tranny, I accidently hit the cooling mod hose causing it to now leak. I seriously doubt the motor ran hot enough to crack a head but the way my luck is running, its certainly possible...

Have a great time and best of luck to everyone racing tomorrow.

flowgoode

F it!
Established Member
Hissssnsvt said:
Well guys, I cant seem to catch a break. I've had the worst luck with this car this year. After spending most of the day trying to figure out the problem I was having with the car last weekend in Michigan, I finally fixed it, loaded the car up, and headed to Mason Dixon. I noticed earlier when test driving the car it started running hot, t-stat wasnt opening so I figured I would just burp the system at the track. After doing so, I noticed a steady stream of coolant making its way down and around the bellhousing.:cuss: At this point I can only hope that when I re-installed my tranny, I accidently hit the cooling mod hose causing it to now leak. I seriously doubt the motor ran hot enough to crack a head but the way my luck is running, its certainly possible...

Have a great time and best of luck to everyone racing tomorrow.

Damn man, sorry to hear that. Hope you get it all figured out and fixed up!

-1 BIG Hitter for the event now :shrug:

Miamifan1354

De Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
Guess I'm all ready to go too.. I went to cecil tonight and only got two runs in.. First was a 11.49, which is pretty close to that 11.5 I was trying for.. Looks like I'll have to take it a little easier out of the gate.. Second was a 12.01 trying to take it a little easier... Then the pits got too full and I quit. See ya in the morning!

Users who are viewing this thread