Mach-1 Brake Kit Install Problem

Venom55

Established Member
Installed a Mach-1 brake kit on my wife's 98GT this evening and can't get the pedal to feel right. We bled them for about an hour; put about 3 pints through the system. We'd pump the brakes till it felt a little stiff, cracked the bleed screw, let the fluid/air come out, then tightened it and continued to pump. As of now, the pedal goes about half way before it gets stiff. What could I have done incorrectly? Is it possible there is still air in the system and I just need to continue to bleed it? This irritates the hell out of me cause I put a brembo kit on my old 94GT and bled the brakes for 10 minutes and moved on, everythng was normal. Any suggestions/help would be much appreciated.

spike_africa

Established Member
ON the master cylinder are two bleed screws, I'm willing to bet you didnt bleed those out and thats why its still horse shit for pressure.

KEVINC66

Established Member
What it sounds like happened is too much air got into your system and now you have to have the system power bled,a shop has this machine that hooks up to your master cylinder and sucks out all the air.

Venom55

Established Member
That's what I ended up doing. Had the whole systme flushed out with new brake fluid. Feels awesome now. Thanks for the advise and quick response.

KEVINC66

Established Member
Congrats on the problem getting fixed,yea thats the one thing I was always told about opening up the brake lines,or mainly the hoses off the calipers,I wrap the ends of the hoses in a rag,don't touch the brake pedal when the hoses or lines are open.I guess it keeps the amount of air getting deep into your system to a minimum.I've never had to have my brakes powerbled.I'll still keep my fingers crossed anytime I open my lines though.

Users who are viewing this thread