Mach 1 Cam swap

ryanjoseph227

Established Member
im actually in the process of doing a cam swap...im about to order the cams...so ur saying i dont need to buy or change the valve springs? what about retainers? btw im doing stage II comp cams

watman02

Established Member
ryanjoseph227- contact the cam manufacture and do the recomendations that they say for your application dont go buy what sombody says on the forum, always do your own research!!!!!!

No offense guys but ive seen and heard about guys doing somthing that they heard about on a forum and had issues.

Robman420

Mach 'n You
Established Member
Absolutely^ Thats a reason i picked these cams they only have a .425 lift and my car had 18,000miles on it so i kept the stocks springs and retainers. but if comp calls to change them do it.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
im actually in the process of doing a cam swap...im about to order the cams...so ur saying i dont need to buy or change the valve springs? what about retainers? btw im doing stage II comp cams

Go with cams that have no more than .450" lift and keep the stock springs.

03ZM1

Are You Serious?
Established Member
Do you know what color your car is? You need a new plate man, that one says AzureBlue and then some numbers which I'm guessing is a hp goal. ;) Sounds good!

Robman420

Mach 'n You
Established Member
LOL yea i noticed that, just blind luck i got that reg Ontario plate not a custom one, i was thinking of getting one but there over 250 bucks:nonono:

Last edited:

Robman420

Mach 'n You
Established Member
^ yea its crazy expensive the price used to be super low, it goes up almost every year i know it was 234 with tax last year now im pritty sure its 250ish.

nickSD

First Rodeo
Established Member
Any updates? Just curious how the OPs car is running and if the others had completed their cam installations.

I put the same cams in mine. The car runs good but I have an annoying whistle or a harmonic sound of some kind at 1800-2200 rpm. For a few weeks I've tried everything to find it and finally called Comp's tech line today. They think it's likely a harmonic vibration in the valve train that rings the intake like a bell.

By the way, they said they absolutely do recommend new springs for this cam and the new catalog reflects that. Like a lot of folks, I kept my stock springs in there and the reason I bought those cams is because I had heard that the factory springs are fine with these cams.

Sorry for the resurrection, but this thread was about as close a hit as I've seen.

:beer:

Bmeagher

Seriously Northern
Established Member
I got the same sound, they probably just saying that so they can sell more springs. I plan on using Livernois springs which you can use your stock retainers/locks, so you don't need Comps springs & retainers.

Robman420

Mach 'n You
Established Member
Car has ran perfect all summer not a single problem, I to have that sound wth my cams and so do a bunch of others on the M1R. I raised the idle it jumps about 800-850 no stalling problems. A ported intake in the next mod among other little things this winter

Users who are viewing this thread