Mach 1 chin spoiler on my terminator

SkipBuxton

Established Member
I am thinking of getting rid of the black impact strip below the bumper - and replacing it with the mach 1 chin........... I have seen a few on and I think they look nice.......any thoughts or suggestions ?

mosconiac

Established Member
It looks OK from the front, but from the side its not quite right. Its too short so it doesn't line up with the edge of the wheel well.

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
mosconiac said:
It looks OK from the front, but from the side its not quite right. Its too short so it doesn't line up with the edge of the wheel well.

+1. To be honest, I'm not even sure I like it better from the front either. The front of the car rolls back under and the mach1 spoiler goes against that line. Just MO

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
IMO it just doesn't look right. It wasn't designed for the Cobra, so that is part of the reason why it just doesn't seem to look quite right. But there are undoubtedly those who like the Mach 1 chin spoiler look. And if they choose to use it, I say great. Make your car a reflection of your own personal taste vs. the tastes of others (including me).
;-)

SkipBuxton

Established Member
Well - the more I look at and hear your thoughts...........I am gonna leave it alone. My problem is the impact strip has some minor rubs/ scratches that car show gurus look at and degrade. I guess I can call FORD and see what a new one costs = PIITB

Or I may yank it off and try wetsanding it and repainting the thing flat black ??

NHRACobra

Cobra guy
Established Member
BrianSVT said:
Well - the more I look at and hear your thoughts...........I am gonna leave it alone. My problem is the impact strip has some minor rubs/ scratches that car show gurus look at and degrade. I guess I can call FORD and see what a new one costs = PIITB

Or I may yank it off and try wetsanding it and repainting the thing flat black ??

Now you've come to your senses. :-D

GodStang

Established Member
Mine had marks and looked really bad from when it was put on a flat bed when the motor blew. I went to advanced and got some of Mothers Black trim stuff and put it on. It looks BRAND new.

04cobra408

NorCal SVTOA
Established Member
i personally dont like it, i dont think it flows right with the car. on a gt that doesnt have one and a mach they do look bad ass tho imo.

10thSVT

SVT Poster
Established Member
I have a Mach 1 on my 03 Cobra I get components all the time I think it looks pretty cool..It makes the front look a little lower and its different.. :)

RRRR03Cobra

Anti-venom is Useless!
Established Member
I think it looks kewl too. I have seen a few cobra owners make extensions for the Mach 1 spoilers on the front. They install the spoiler, take a measurement of the length of the spoiler to the end of the front bumper cover, trim the exact measurement off of the stock 03 spoiler and install it next to the Mach spoiler. Then you add some black silicone between the piece and the spoiler to make it look flush. Once you Armour All it, you can't even tell it's two pieces.

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
RR03COBRA said:
I think it looks kewl too. I have seen a few cobra owners make extensions for the Mach 1 spoilers on the front. They install the spoiler, take a measurement of the length of the spoiler to the end of the front bumper cover, trim the exact measurement off of the stock 03 spoiler and install it next to the Mach spoiler. Then you add some black silicone between the piece and the spoiler to make it look flush. Once you Armour All it, you can't even tell it's two pieces.

:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread