mach 1 hype!

SVTHorsnake

Banned
the first time I ever ran my car (100% stock trim), I ran a 15.7 at 101... it was very, very sad. Needless to say, all that's changed now. Moral of the story? It's all in the driver.

03cobrarocks

Established Member
Narcosynthesis said:
Depends where you live. I see 4-5 Machs a day here, but only one or two cobras. Saying cobras are a dime a dozen is wrong. Vette guys say that shit too. Guess how many vettes I see a day? I stop counting after 10.

i would have to second the whole vette thing I think I see more in a day then rwhp that I have :rockon:

o and a good mach 1 driver can make a bad or even ok 03 cobra driver look like he cant driver worth anything.
becuase mach 1 is easier to launch (beleive me I have driven my friends) and it has better suspension set up for drag.

I am starting to beleive that cobras are just dyno queens and I am thinking of switching cars to something that can actually move that doesnt need 400 rwhp to do it.

03cobrarocks

Established Member
o yea i think the cobra looks more exotic

but the mach 1 looks more like a dragster.

I like them both but i like how the cobra has a completly diffrent front bumper, side skirts, and rear bumper from a gt.

o this might start a flame but the stock mach 1 rims have got to go, but then agian the cobra rims arent much better. :bash:

XCELR8

I love my 4V
Established Member
My bone stock MACh went 13.3 @ 104. But besides that, whats with all the Mach1><=Cobra shit. We are all Mustang enthusiasts, can't we all get along?

Machinator

Banned
Davechapelsvt said:
Ok, i have nothing against the mach1, other than ppl who own them making them way faster than they are... i guess ppl say they run 13.1 stock, and one guy managed 12.98 stock... after seeing some race this weekend i can't imagine a mach1 hitting 12.98.. i saw an 04 orange mach1 run 14.01 as i was entering the track, his best of the day was 13.6.. he seemed to be launching good although i didn't go ask him what his 60' were.. it sounded like he had exhaust so it was moded.. and it was a stick so how are other ppl running 13.1? its impossible.. and i also checked car and driver, motor trend, and a couple other magazines.. all the magazines i've checked say it runs 13.8 stock.. the only mag that has it running 13.1 is MM&FF.. so whats the deal can the machs really run 13.1 or are there just some ringers out there.. i own the issue where they compare the GT,cobra, and mach and the testers seem to have a bias outlook on the mach.. i read the entire article and they kept saying all these great things about it.. mostly about the styling,, i dunno i just don't see .5 seconds being gained with the car to hit 13.1.. everyone states the car has a lot of torque and thats what helps it, but 335ftlbs is only 15 more than my stock 99 cobra.. thats not a big difference.. i doubt you will see a difference...

This is coming from a guy with a svt product that is mad cause a regular stang will spank him.

03cobrarocks

Established Member
Machinator said:
This is coming from a guy with a svt product that is mad cause a regular stang will spank him.

I dont think i would call a mach1 a regular stang it deserves a lot more respect than that

Fosters

Established Member
03cobrarocks said:
also doesnt the mach1 have the best torque curve out of any non cammed mustang?

well, i'd say the 03/04 cobra's torque curve is way better than the mach's... so is the torque curve of the ol' 427-429s :p

but yes, out of the n/a modulars, mach1's torque curve is probably the best there is.

Fdawg97lx

Established Member
my friend ran 13.1 with a 1.7 60' in his 04 5 spd mach 1 with just a k&n drop in filter, steeda tri-ax and drag radials.

another friend who used to have a 03 auto mach 1 ran 13.4 with a 2.1 60' with 4.10's, mrt h pipe, slp cat back, k&n fipk intake, and a sct tune on stock tires.

Frank

03CobraBro

Established Member
Davechapelsvt said:
Ok, i have nothing against the mach1, other than ppl who own them making them way faster than they are... i guess ppl say they run 13.1 stock, and one guy managed 12.98 stock... after seeing some race this weekend i can't imagine a mach1 hitting 12.98.. i saw an 04 orange mach1 run 14.01 as i was entering the track, his best of the day was 13.6.. he seemed to be launching good although i didn't go ask him what his 60' were.. it sounded like he had exhaust so it was moded.. and it was a stick so how are other ppl running 13.1? its impossible.. and i also checked car and driver, motor trend, and a couple other magazines.. all the magazines i've checked say it runs 13.8 stock.. the only mag that has it running 13.1 is MM&FF.. so whats the deal can the machs really run 13.1 or are there just some ringers out there.. i own the issue where they compare the GT,cobra, and mach and the testers seem to have a bias outlook on the mach.. i read the entire article and they kept saying all these great things about it.. mostly about the styling,, i dunno i just don't see .5 seconds being gained with the car to hit 13.1.. everyone states the car has a lot of torque and thats what helps it, but 335ftlbs is only 15 more than my stock 99 cobra.. thats not a big difference.. i doubt you will see a difference...

Manual or Auto, temperature, driver, tires, etc. all things that make a big difference. They trap close to 103/104mph, which is the typical trap of a low 13 second car so its not unlikely at all with a good hookup and a flawless shift the car could rip off a high 12.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread