mach 1 hype!

Davechapelsvt

Established Member
Ok, i have nothing against the mach1, other than ppl who own them making them way faster than they are... i guess ppl say they run 13.1 stock, and one guy managed 12.98 stock... after seeing some race this weekend i can't imagine a mach1 hitting 12.98.. i saw an 04 orange mach1 run 14.01 as i was entering the track, his best of the day was 13.6.. he seemed to be launching good although i didn't go ask him what his 60' were.. it sounded like he had exhaust so it was moded.. and it was a stick so how are other ppl running 13.1? its impossible.. and i also checked car and driver, motor trend, and a couple other magazines.. all the magazines i've checked say it runs 13.8 stock.. the only mag that has it running 13.1 is MM&FF.. so whats the deal can the machs really run 13.1 or are there just some ringers out there.. i own the issue where they compare the GT,cobra, and mach and the testers seem to have a bias outlook on the mach.. i read the entire article and they kept saying all these great things about it.. mostly about the styling,, i dunno i just don't see .5 seconds being gained with the car to hit 13.1.. everyone states the car has a lot of torque and thats what helps it, but 335ftlbs is only 15 more than my stock 99 cobra.. thats not a big difference.. i doubt you will see a difference...

Last edited:

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
All I can say is yes they can run that fast but its the driver who makes the difference.. I have ran 13.1's on street tires and I have ran 12.7's on et streets. I can be done but alot of people aren't doing it because they can't drive for sh!t... Thats why you see then running 14.0's and high 13's.. bottom line its not the car its the drivers behind the wheel.. The car has plenty of power to go 13.1's stock if you find someone that can drive it, most can't... I don't like the fact that most people who drive or should I say can't drive these cars go to the track and try to get some times in and all the people there think that these car are as slow as there times when its not the car that is slow its the driver... Then I go out and beat there time by over a second with the same mods.. Then those guys think that I am using NOS or something when its just different driving skills... I don't know, I guess most people think driving on the track is the same as the street but it's not and that is why they mess up so bad on the line... Thats just my .02:thumbsup:

erskine

rockin'
Established Member
i think that mach 1s are overrated. i would rather be rollin a el camino than that shit. its for yankee pussies :fm: :cuss:

erskine

rockin'
Established Member
Originally posted by Davechapelsvt
Ok, i have nothing against the mach1, other than ppl who own them making them way faster than they are... i guess ppl say they run 13.1 stock, and one guy managed 12.98 stock... after seeing some race this weekend i can't imagine a mach1 hitting 12.98.. i saw an 04 orange mach1 run 14.01 as i was entering the track, his best of the day was 13.6.. he seemed to be launching good although i didn't go ask him what his 60' were.. it sounded like he had exhaust so it was moded.. and it was a stick so how are other ppl running 13.1? its impossible.. and i also checked car and driver, motor trend, and a couple other magazines.. all the magazines i've checked say it runs 13.8 stock.. the only mag that has it running 13.1 is MM&FF.. so whats the deal can the machs really run 13.1 or are there just some ringers out there.. i own the issue where they compare the GT,cobra, and mach and the testers seem to have a bias outlook on the mach.. i read the entire article and they kept saying all these great things about it.. mostly about the styling,, i dunno i just don't see .5 seconds being gained with the car to hit 13.1.. everyone states the car has a lot of torque and thats what helps it, but 335ftlbs is only 15 more than my stock 99 cobra.. thats not a big difference.. i doubt you will see a difference...

youre stupid

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
Originally posted by Fast02White S10
i think that mach 1s are overrated. i would rather be rollin a el camino than that shit. its for yankee pussies :fm: :cuss:
how in the hell are the mach1's over rated the ford said they only have 305 at the crank when they really have about 325 at the crank.. Over rated No!! maybe under rated....:-D

Fn'sh!t^

93svt 4 me !!
Established Member

Maybe you should go buy an el camino and then go pimp that. I should go start a fan site for el caminos and you can join up?? Ya I see it now caminos are the sh*t!!! :whine:

fastball19

South Florida King !
Established Member
Yes i have a friend running 12.9 with nothing but a Magna Flow
Cat back. but he is a awesome driver the same he had a 02 Gt before and that was stock only Xpipes Catback a chip and pullys he ran 13.1. THe driver makes a world of a diff!

Davesnake

you wanna go!
Established Member

It only took this troll 4 post to get banned....is that a new record.:shrug:

Bob Cosby

Established Member
In the hands of a good driver, a Mach 1 is indeed capable of running low 13s in bone stock trim. In the hands of a poor driver, it is very capable of running mid 14s.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Ya, he's just another guy that just trying to start something. I'm glad that he brought up how cool el caminos are, I almost forgot. I don't remember the last time I saw and 02 S10 do anything better than 17's. The only way S10s haul ass is when they're hauling mexican and hatian ass. No offense to either ethnicity.

Bullitt_#1346

Established Member
There are always bad drivers out there (like me) that can't drive nearly as fast as they cars can go. I have been to the track and seen '03 Cobras running high 13s and Z06s running 14s. There are bad drivers everywhere.

Typhoon

Established Member
My Friends 03' Mach1 with 3/4 tank of gas spare and a box of tools in the back with just Borla Stinger, and catted h-pipe went a 13.2 all day. And it was his first time ever to the track. First pass of the day was 13.2@87 with a 2.2 60'. This was because he didn't realize that the board wasn't the top of the track and let off, then got back into it.

93deznutsblown

Could be faster than u!!!
Established Member
Quick is what it is.Its all what u enjoy...I personnally dont rape my car at the track and I loose a few tenths and its all good. There's plenty of peps out there who cant drive there cars to its potential and what do we do??? We spank them.:burn:

Chipper08

Established Member
Yes Mach1's can and do run 13.1s bone stock...how do i know....because i ran mine bone stock, on street tires with spare and jack still in the trunk.I wanted to see what it would run right off the showroom floor, so when i put 2000 miles on it and ran it at the track and if i knew how to post pics on here i would scan my time slip and show you but i do agree with what was said above....it all has to do with the driver...not every mach1 will run low 13's but are the capable, yes, with out a doubt....but the real question is , are all the Mach1 owners capable of running low 13's...no, they are not

Last edited:

Jester

-------------
Established Member
Mach 1's are not hype, they're for real. I didn't have any stock times with mine, but there are a few who have very well prepped tracks who have gone into the 12's stock. A friend of mine from Louisiana went 12.88 stock at No Problem Raceway.
I have never seen a '99 Cobra put down dyno #'s stock like the Mach 1. If a '99 Cobra is 279 like Davechapelsvt's, then my Mach IS better with 288 rwhp 312 rwtq with a K&N filter.
My best so far with exhaust and gears is a 12.74 @ 107.40.

Davechapelsvt, if you're so in doubt about Mach 1's, go drive one or race one for that matter. You may just be looking that doubt in the rear. I have no flame against pre '03 Cobras, and you should not be so quick to judge a Mach 1. You sound more jealous than anything else. And stop magazine raicing...

Last edited:

machone

NA power
Established Member

Sounds liek someones jelous. Arent the 99 svts overrated? Or is that 01???

JeromeMach1

Established Member
The big difference is the 99/01 Cobras make the hp and tq numbers they are rated at. The Mach1s make a bit more. My stock dyno numbers are in my sig. In short, at the crank I made 340hp and 370tq. How does that compare to your Cobra?

Jerome

jspalmer01

Established Member

Dude...I've owned both 99 Cobra and now a Mach 1. It ain't even close. After the "fix" the 99's are still slow...no offense intended. The Mach just simply kicks butt...they are very underated in terms of pwr/trq.

Users who are viewing this thread