Mach 1 Nooob

EVO-lution

Established Member
2.5" drop will be waaaay too low IMO. I did eibach sportlines with no iso's up front and only the upper iso in the rear. here some pics to help decide bro.

newrims002.jpg

newrims005.jpg

mach1.jpg

330mach1

Established Member
that's why you car looks lower i wouldn't go any farther thrn 2.5 with 18's but with 17's he'll still be fine, car looks good by the way, any other suspension done to it?

EVO-lution

Established Member
Just springs and caster/camber plates...oh and a really shitty alignment. I asked for stock specs but my cars toe angle is way off cause sometimes it's a STRUGGLE to keep the car straight. Looks like I'm drunk driving sometimes :-\

buckinwild

Established Member
not bad. need bigger rear tires on it, too much wheel well in my opinion but good looking car.
I may be reading this wrong but with bigger tires to close the wheel well in the rear will make the front look like its set higher or not dropped low enough like the way my car is sitting right now. I think a nice even gap or maybe closed front open rear with more rake looks best but putting a larger tire on his rear will make the front look totally jacked up IMO... Note the larger gap in my front than in the rear because the front tire is a lower profile than the rear. (I neglected to check outside diameter when I placed my tire order....sue me, ha ha). That plus the fact the car sat about 1/4" higher in the front to begin with when I bought er'. Oh and BTW, lowered stangs/most aftermarket mid pipes drag on stuff, speedbumps etc. big time...Mine does at least, even catching them at an angle.

Last edited:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
not bad. need bigger rear tires on it, too much wheel well in my opinion but good looking car.
The rims and tires were installed 1k miles prior to me getting the car so I wasn't about to 'waste' them. I was thinking about installing spacers in the back, because I do agree with the wider in the back. I have some 'rear end' pics ot post too. From teh back the tires didn't look that bad. They were 265/35/18s. I got rid of the car before i needed rear tires, but I was going to step it up to 275s and spacers.

I installed the springs. It looked like shit at stock height.
I may be reading this wrong but with bigger tires to close the wheel well in the rear will make the front look like its set higher or not dropped low enough like the way my car is sitting right now. I think a nice even gap or maybe closed front open rear with more rake looks best but putting a larger tire on his rear will make the front look totally jacked up IMO... Note the larger gap in my front than in the rear because the front tire is a lower profile than the rear. (I neglected to check outside diameter when I placed my tire order....sue me, ha ha). That plus the fact the car sat about 1/4" higher in the front to begin with when I bought er'. Oh and BTW, lowered stangs/most aftermarket mid pipes drag on stuff, speedbumps etc. big time...Mine does at least, even catching them at an angle.
Love the deep dishes man. :beer:

buckinwild

Established Member
The rims and tires were installed 1k miles prior to me getting the car so I wasn't about to 'waste' them. I was thinking about installing spacers in the back, because I do agree with the wider in the back. I have some 'rear end' pics ot post too. From teh back the tires didn't look that bad. They were 265/35/18s. I got rid of the car before i needed rear tires, but I was going to step it up to 275s and spacers.

I installed the springs. It looked like shit at stock height.

Love the deep dishes man. :beer:

:beer:Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread