Mach 1 SRA swap ???

vickerw

Established Member
I am about to swap my IRS with a guy that has an 04' Mach. I know that our brake calipers & everything are the same, so they will just swap over, but the shop doing his install said that we need to swap brake lines. Everything I have read has found this to be untrue, but I just want to confirm this cause I really don't want to disconnect my brake lines if I don't have to but don't want to hold up his install. So hopefully somebody that has made this swap with a Mach can confirm this for me. Thanks for anybodys help!

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
The rear lines are diffrent but I have been told they can be made to work. If you can get them just swap them to make things easier.

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
They can be made to work, just need to be bent slightly to clear the shock/halfshaft. The lines on your cobra will work fine on the sra but the mach is the one that "seems" like it won't work. One thing they need to remove from your lines to the mach's is the clamp/bracket that secures the brake hose to the upper control arm on the irs. This keeps the line away from the halfshaft under suspension travel.

No need to swap lines unless you want to.

Last edited:

vickerw

Established Member
Hey I appreciate the responses. I might just pull the brake lines off mine to give to him. Seems like it might be easier to do it that way.

Ironhand

Banned
I did this very swap on my first 03 Cobra. Swap the brake lines that go from the caliper to the hardline. Dont forget to grab the Mach 1 pinion snuber and apply clamps to your torque boxes to get them to collapse some. Then you will need an off-set u-joint so you can use the 03 Cobra driveshaft to the Mach 1 Pinion Flange.

Users who are viewing this thread