• The termi wins

Votes: 44 38.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvin97

Established Member
Can this Mach1 run 9s? I know there are eaton cobies out there running 9s! Just saying!

Not a convertible with just a port and pulley.. just saying..

also am I reading this right? the op is internet racing with a car he doesn't own?

91GT

Established Member
There is alot more to running a number then a big motor and sticky tires. Safe to say the cobra is a well sorted out car that runs hard.

If the Mach shows up with a stick, limited track time then it will be playing catch up. The real question is will the Mach be able to catch the cobra by the end of the track. I think it will be close.

I would say 1/8 mile = cobra
Roll race = Mach
1/4 = close

imbuggin

Established Member
Nice to see you brought this over here. I'm going to let you just run you're mouth like you always do. Like I said let me know when you're ready....

BTW guys that vert he is referring to is me.

BTW you are Screwed in your vert..just saying:rolling: I am amazed this is even up for debate. For what we have been told here the Mach will have trouble seeing you in his rear view mirror in a matter of seconds. That Mach should be in the 9's

imbuggin

Established Member
valve cover

A pic of the Mach....

c05f2ec1.gif

where did you get that amazing blue carbon fiber valve cover?

iggster

Established Member
It's done with that iso dip process.

It's my car...

It will be my first time running that car with high hp, but it's an auto lol my maro which I did run plenty of times ran 9.80 with an auto and manual valve body auto trans.

Here's a vid before the return setup and other things I've done to it.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qfsBePLUTc&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]YouTube - Mach 1[/nomedia]

Last edited:

03COBRA-88

Established Member
Nice to see you brought this over here. I'm going to let you just run you're mouth like you always do. Like I said let me know when you're ready....

BTW guys that vert he is referring to is me.

Didn't you used to have a whipple?

Speeds8erM-1

Video Whore
Established Member
I have seen fast second cars have a bad pass and run VERY slow, so anything is possible. Go hang out at the drag strip and see how many aborted runs, or slower than usual runs occur, it happens pretty often on faster cars. On a half ass decent pass for both cars though, the Mach 1 should be quite a bit faster in the 1/8, and stretching the gap even further in the 1/4. It could go out there and spin, blow through the converter, not have enough converter and leave like a sack of shit, anything is possible until it's dialed in.

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
25 lbs of boost and a gtk1000 turbo? That mach is making AT LEAST 300 more to the tire than the ported cobra. Clearly has the power advantage, but this is gonna come down to how well you can get it down the track. At those speeds and power levels its anyones race because so many things have to go right to have a good pass.

javierrflores

svt
Established Member
There is alot more to running a number then a big motor and sticky tires. Safe to say the cobra is a well sorted out car that runs hard.

If the Mach shows up with a stick, limited track time then it will be playing catch up. The real question is will the Mach be able to catch the cobra by the end of the track. I think it will be close.

^
^
This.

Sil80sx

Established Member
everyone that posted after my acknowledgment of fire 4 effect's avatar is homo............ that is all.....

02blownGT

Established Member
Am i missing somthing 25psi,built motor,auto trans vs ported bolton cobra?No offense to said cobra but i think a 2v with those mods would out run a ported eaton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread