Mach 1 vs 3 mach 1's...

radaman

Established Member
Just wanted to post some results from a bit of street racing/night with a few of my friends. We raced at an industrial area and marked an apprx. 1/4 mile area with a laser gun. We all have DR's and similar mods except Im the only one with a ported manifold and auto trans, but they all have LT's and the rest of the mods are pretty identical (gears, exhaust and intake stuff). All three claim to be good manual drivers as well. Funny thing is that I basically beat each one of them by about two cars every single time. I got them all on the launch and neither of them could get around me or gain distance, but I couldnt pull away from them either. They all wanted to drive my car and were impressed how hard it left the line and shifted, but still didnt like the fact that it was an "auto mach" as they put it. I guess the converter made a difference since they would always get me off the line before I installed it, but still coulnt pull on me after the launch.

Last edited:

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
stalled auto > manual trans every single time(well most anyways). I cant wait till I stall mine. Good kill man, and it always cracks me up when people look at a car with an automatic transmission and assume its not as fast.

radaman

Established Member
alaskablkmach said:
Good kill. Did you get alot from your p/p intake?
It was on the car when I bought it from its original owner. He related thats its a PHP one and he picked up about 15rwhp with it, but who knows. My car did 288rwhp/310rwtq on its last dyno tune.

svtfanford44

Established Member
silverstang00 said:
it always cracks me up when people look at a car with an automatic transmission and assume its not as fast.
I think that may be the case with certain people but I also think it's mainly the idea of being in a sports car, especially a mach1, without being able to row through the gears.

radaman

Established Member
wikedcobra312 said:
nice radaman, how is the big island now a days, last time i was there was in 96.
Thx. I reside on Oahu and its a bit crazy over here at times like any other big city. The mustang clubs here are pretty good, but our track has closed down for political reasons...hence the street racing. I do miss the mainland though and its wealth of good mustang related shops. Only a couple of guys here that I would let touch my car and their tuning/labor rates are pretty high.

radaman

Established Member
Mr. Mach-ete said:
Nice kills!

We need pics of Hawaii and the Mach!
See what I can do about the pics. Just got home from work and one of my friends/previously mentioned above called me at home saying he wants to run again. Said that I cheated some kinda way and cant believe I beat him 2 times. I just laughed at him and agreed to run him as many times as he wants. I will even let him drive my car and someone else drives his car just to make him feel better about the whole thing.

BM1

Established Member
You definitely had the advantage from a dig with a stalled auto, but you probably would have gotten walked from a roll.

Good runs!

Last edited:

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
radaman said:
Thx. I reside on Oahu and its a bit crazy over here at times like any other big city. The mustang clubs here are pretty good, but our track has closed down for political reasons...hence the street racing. I do miss the mainland though and its wealth of good mustang related shops. Only a couple of guys here that I would let touch my car and their tuning/labor rates are pretty high.

Drop me a line the next time you do a couple of friendly runs. I'm down for that.

BSM did my last dyno and they were really good. They offered a full tune for 150-300. Nakaz is supposed to be the sh*t but his rates for tuning start at $300.

Take it easy and hope to see you around mang:beer:

radaman

Established Member
Mach1USMC said:
Drop me a line the next time you do a couple of friendly runs. I'm down for that.

BSM did my last dyno and they were really good. They offered a full tune for 150-300. Nakaz is supposed to be the sh*t but his rates for tuning start at $300.

Take it easy and hope to see you around mang:beer:
For sure. Yeah, nakaz tunes my car, but I hear BSM is pretty good as well. Are they SCT or diablo reps?, or they just use whatever tuner you bring in...I have SCT-2. As far as roll racing go, Ill leave that for the higher horsepwr guys as I would surely get walked by a manual.

Last edited:

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
radaman said:
For sure. Yeah, nakaz tunes my car, but I hear BSM is pretty good as well. Are they SCT or diablo reps?, or they just use whatever tuner you bring in...I have SCT-2. As far as roll racing go, Ill leave that for the higher horsepwr guys as I would surely get walked by a manual.

When I talked to them they recommended Diablo but they said they could work with SCT. I have the livewire and love it. There are a few HPM guys that tune at BSM but Nakaz has the rep for the domestic crowd. There is another guy on Kaua'i that is supposed to be real good as well but Super Ferry prices are rediculous.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Black Mach 1 said:
LOL

You better go to another shop!

I'm thinking the same thing- Nakaz is considered the best for a reason. Plus he (Alan) helps write some of SCT's programs. Back when we had a track he had a Fox that was running sub 9's all day long.

Users who are viewing this thread