Mach 1 vs Eclipse GS-T "Pushing 20 PSI"

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
Mach 1 vs Eclipse GS-T "Pushing 20+ PSI"

Kind of a long story, but this guy would NOT leave me alone. I pounded his 93 5.0 (4.10s, headers, cam etc), then he wouldn't listen to me when I said to buy a 32V Stang or LS1. He then bought this Eclipse GS-T with a bigger turbo, gutted interior etc. and kept telling me how he was always beating everything - especially a 320RWHP SN-95. He started to tell everyone I was "afraid of running him" so enough was enough. I pulled out the brass knuckles (put on my o/r X and race tune) and punched his lights out! :bash:
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upf-iWQpQEg&feature=youtube_gdata"]Mach 1 vs Eclipse GS-T - YouTube[/nomedia]
Don't know why, but the sound is a little messed up on the vid

Last edited:

JS01SNAKE

Established Member
Nice kill, +1 on the spot. He probably should have listened to you on the 32v or LS1 comment.

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member
Nice man...I would have thought the Eclipse would have done a little better than that especially with "20psi"..
Regarldess, good kl!:beer:

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Why the **** is a peg legged GST (fwd, they have open diff stock) running people from a dig like he owns something fast?

20psi doenst mean shit. the stock turbo (t25) can do 20psi, so thats not saying much. The amount of boost doesnt mean jack shit, its all about airflow it produces. Remember, boost (psi) is a measure of restriction......

your buddy is a ****tard and makes real dsm'ers look bad. Sounds like he doesnt know wtf he is doing. Can you get us a better mod list?

Sneaky01Snake

Established Member
nice kill. awesome place to run! I wana go to la la land! haha

Op, what does your car put down?

he shoulda stuck with his old 5.0 and done some actual mods to it besides the basic stuff

Last edited:

04Mach1Blurr

1st GT500 M122 Eaton Mach
Established Member
good kill, nice spot, and I've raced a 20 psi eclipse as well (fwd) when i was intake exhaust and self tuned off of a hand held. but not from a dig 50 roll and 70 roll, and i actually did better from a 70 roll on him. Both were good fun killing the eclipse.

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
As for his mod list, he bought it "built" and was told it had a built bottom end. It now includes a jacked up top end. He was running late for work and down shifted to 2nd instead of 4th, jumped the timing, and drove it like that home piston smacking the valves, but only made it half way. Of course he didn't want to tow it home.:bash: Before that the head blew and he wanted to use the same head bolts! It was always breaking, which was what I told him would happen overloading such a small engine and trans (which broke as well) He was pretty hard headed. When I helped him put a new trans in the 5.0 I told him to get a new u-joint on the drive shaft, but he didn't listen. I had to leave, and he slapped it back together and it locked up on the freeway and cracked the trans right down the middle!
As for my Mach, I'm guessing it's putting down just over 300rwhp (as other people have been with my same mods) but if he can beat 320rwhp Mustangs, I must have closer to 400 :pepper:

Last edited:

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
His was a respectable car when given an advantage- From a roll his car did a lot better- bigger turbo=better freeway car. This run was a little worse for me being on the outside of the tack, a lower rpm than him, and being N/A, P.S La La Land is over 3k feet elevation, but I still held him off through 2nd, 3rd, and into 4th. He managed to pull past me by a fender as his 4th gear was toppig out (while my 4th was just getting to the power band) and I feel I would have reeled him back in, but look at the road conditions at the end of the vid and you'll see why I shut it down. Heck, I'll lose my pride any day and keep my car. Plus, you got to understand his car is maxed out and breaking under current conditions. I still have LOADS of potential (4.30s,cams, eaton swap, 75-150 shot etc.) I was happy with what I got. :beer:
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkEL5IHwBqc&list=HL1327814644&feature=mh_lolz"]Mach 1 vs Eclipse GS-T - YouTube[/nomedia]

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
As for his mod list, he bought it "built" and was told it had a built bottom end. It now includes a jacked up top end. He was running late for work and down shifted to 2nd instead of 4th, jumped the timing, and drove it like that home piston smacking the valves, but only made it half way. Of course he didn't want to tow it home.:bash: Before that the head blew and he wanted to use the same head bolts! It was always breaking, which was what I told him would happen overloading such a small engine and trans (which broke as well) He was pretty hard headed. When I helped him put a new trans in the 5.0 I told him to get a new u-joint on the drive shaft, but he didn't listen. I had to leave, and he slapped it back together and it locked up on the freeway and cracked the trans right down the middle!
As for my Mach, I'm guessing it's putting down just over 300rwhp (as other people have been with my same mods) but if he can beat 320rwhp Mustangs, I must have closer to 400 :pepper:

uhh you should do some research.

that "small engine" can handle almost 3x stock output unchanged from oil pan to valve cover. Its one of the first factory forged powerplants to hit US shores. You can easily put down 400awhp without touching even the HG. Swap the stock felt HG out with a multi layer steel one and some ARP studs to alleviate head lift at 25+psi and the rest is good for ~600awhp given the right tuning and mods.

It doesnt take much to beat lightly modded Fox/SN95 5.0, or even PI 4.6 mustangs with a dsm. You can do it with a 14b or small 16g, boost controller, 3" turboback and K&N kit, supra side-mount intercooler or ebay/ss autochrome frontmount, 550cc injectors, 190lph pump, and a safcII. Ask me how I know. Upgrade to an Evo16g @ 25ish psi, with 660's, 225LPH pump and Aeromotive FPR, ECMlink and a ebay frontmount and youre all of a sudden making bolton LS1's and most modded n/a 4v's look bad from a roll.

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
uhh you should do some research.

that "small engine" can handle almost 3x stock output unchanged from oil pan to valve cover. Its one of the first factory forged powerplants to hit US shores. You can easily put down 400awhp without touching even the HG. Swap the stock felt HG out with a multi layer steel one and some ARP studs to alleviate head lift at 25+psi and the rest is good for ~600awhp given the right tuning and mods.

It doesnt take much to beat lightly modded Fox/SN95 5.0, or even PI 4.6 mustangs with a dsm. You can do it with a 14b or small 16g, boost controller, 3" turboback and K&N kit, supra side-mount intercooler or ebay/ss autochrome frontmount, 550cc injectors, 190lph pump, and a safcII. Ask me how I know. Upgrade to an Evo16g @ 25ish psi, with 660's, 225LPH pump and Aeromotive FPR, ECMlink and a ebay frontmount and youre all of a sudden making bolton LS1's and most modded n/a 4v's look bad from a roll.

Yeah, I'll admit I'm not a master DSM expert (and need a dictionary to read your above post), but from what I had researched on the DSM forums the first gen eclipses/talons had a higher bolt count/ better crank, better transmission than his. (Diamond Star Motors transfer to Mitsubishi??) What was happening with his (head warping, trans breaking) was pretty common on those cars...at least that's what I was seeing a lot of from what I searched. His car appeared to be maxed out with how much it was breaking, but it was a rebuilt motor, so who knows if the previous owner slapped it all together just to sell it. Personally, I wouldn't push his car any farther if I had it.

Last edited:

Fox Fan

Average guy
Established Member
Plenty of potential left in that old 5.0. Too bad he didn't stick with it and build something nice.

Mjavant1985

Figgy (Cam) Newton
Established Member
Yeah, I'll admit I'm not a master DSM expert (and need a dictionary to read your above post), but from what I had researched on the DSM forums the first gen eclipses/talons had a higher bolt count/ better crank, better transmission than his. (Diamond Star Motors transfer to Mitsubishi??) What was happening with his (head warping, trans breaking) was pretty common on those cars...at least that's what I was seeing a lot of from what I searched. His car appeared to be maxed out with how much it was breaking, but it was a rebuilt motor, so who knows if the previous owner slapped it all together just to sell it. Personally, I wouldn't push his car any farther if I had it.

Yea the transmissions on the turbo fwd models were shit (ask me how i know:lol1:). As said in multiple threads on here, as with everything breaking and poor maintance being done, give a 16 year old who doesn't know anything about cars, a turbo car and wait a few years and see what is left, lol. Back in the 90's it was the DSM cars, now i've already seen that the SRT4 neon's are the successor to that.

Also, i would like to know what turbo that was on. A t-25 at that boost level, isn't doing anything but blowing hot air....lol

Users who are viewing this thread