Mach 1 vs. LT1 Z28

burnzilla

Established Member
Stock 99-04 GT's pull stock LT1's with ease. No surprise your Mach tore him a new asshole.

See this is why this site gets a bad rep, from dumbass comment like this.

1) 2V GT's are slow. LT1's edge those cars...especially the Auto 2V's. Those cars have trouble making 14's.
LT1 > 2V All day long... its a good race if its a fast 5 speed against a regular LT1.
Put a WS6 M6 car against an auto 2V and it will be murder.

2) A modified Mach 1 should beat a stock LT1.
Lets try that when they both have bolt ons shall we?
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3neBw029wc"]YouTube - Skrilla vs Mach 1[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4fVBxUJaz0&feature=related]YouTube - camaro lt1 vs mustang v8[/ame]

Last edited:

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Wow thats fair. You make some good points on here. :bored:
And, you do know that LT1 1/8 times are very good for what they are, and in many cases in a Mach's league.

So what is an average LT1's 1/8th time? I bet one would do good to run what my 5.0 ran with bolt ons.

VEE EIGHT

Banned
LT1 > 2V All day long

No.

Posting a video of a modded LT1 vs. a near stock GT = fail (even though he barely pulled the 2V by MAYBE a half car)

Post a vid that hasn't been posted 348728347389 times before.

Last edited:

burnzilla

Established Member
Posting a video of a modded LT1 vs. a near stock GT = fail
What about a vid of a stock LT1 vs a Modded Mach 1?

(even though he barely pulled the 2V by MAYBE a half car)
Like usual, the LT1 pulled 2-3 cars atleast.
Luckily the Stang got out of the hole or It would have been worse.

2V's are gutless.
Its sad so many Mustang owners have to live with the reality of thier car being turned into a sale-badge, and can't even be honest about the car they love.

Auto LT1's will dust Auto 2V GT's... stock for stock, all day long, (on average) period.
Manual LT1's will dust Manual GT's all day long, (on average) stock for stock, period.
An LT1 with a couple bolt ons can keep pace with/beat a Mach 1, period.

Last edited:

VEE EIGHT

Banned

What does that have to do with what I've said? Try and stay on topic.

2V's are gutless

Really? 2-3 cars? Although difficult to tell from the vid, even a half-blind senile 90 year-old woman would be able to tell that there isn't "2-3" cars between the two. You're fighting a losing battle kid. Save whatever little dignity you have left and go try to duct tape all the rattles out of your LT1 :thumbsup:

burnzilla

Established Member
What does that have to do with what I've said? Try and stay on topic.
Like you?

Really? 2-3 cars? Although difficult to tell from the vid,
No the Stang lost by atleast 2... and thats being nice.
The LT1 caught it, passed it and pulled it.
But I don't need a video to know an LT1 has the edge over a 2V.
Everyone knows that.

You're fighting a losing battle kid. Save whatever little dignity you have left
Dignity?
Like being able to admit the truth?
And calling me 'kid' in a shitty attempt to tack on some maturity is funny considering your clown like comments.

and go try to duct tape all the rattles out of your LT1 :thumbsup:
Almost as many as my friends 02 Mustang GT.

But he's not like you, he knows LT1's have the edge over 2V cars.
He can also admit his car is a domestic crapbox like mine.

Way to be full of shit, come across as a jackass and insult a poster in 2 comments, youre really coming on as a real articulate reference for information. But you aren't alone on this site, there are plenty of others with similar posts that border total denial, blatant ignorance and with no respect for another member.

Last edited:

Stopsign32v

Established Member

2V's are gutless.
Its sad so many Mustang owners have to live with the reality of thier car being turned into a sale-badge, and can't even be honest about the car they love.

Auto LT1's will dust Auto 2V GT's... stock for stock, all day long, (on average) period.
Manual LT1's will dust Manual GT's all day long, (on average) stock for stock, period.
An LT1 with a couple bolt ons can keep pace with/beat a Mach 1, period.

So tell us what LT1's do in the 1/8th average... You skipped over my post all together. ;-)

burnzilla

Established Member
So tell us what LT1's do in the 1/8th average... You skipped over my post all together. ;-)

This is a good video that sheds some light on reality... something many people on this forum can't seem to grasp.
Both cars spin some in the first few gears too.
Its a 1/4 race but I wonder who won the 1/8? Point is, its close.

[ame=http://videos.streetfire.net/video/stock-lt1-vs-stock-ls1-in_52197.htm]stock lt1 vs stock ls1 both trans ams are now in t- Video[/ame]

Last edited:

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Wow the LT1 ran 14.1...........That is right in the ballpark of a Mach 1.

Oh wait no its not, stock 2v SOHC GT's have run faster than that. Way to prove everyone else's point.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
This is a good video that sheds some light on reality... something many people on this forum can't seem to grasp.
Both cars spin some in the first few gears too.
Its a 1/4 race but I wonder who won the 1/8? Point is, its close.

stock lt1 vs stock ls1 both trans ams are now in t- Video

You say a LT1 is close to a Mach 1??? Well here is a Mach 1 vs a C6 in the 1/4th. The Mach has light bolt ons and that was a crappy run. Infact the Mach ran that same exact time with a paper filter and snorkle still in the air box.

th_20090307220434.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

GT40TH

Established Member
good kill! I respect lt1's since my brother and homeboy have one. but they are not faster than 99-04 gt's thats for damn shure. when I first got my 5spd gt bonestock with just a mac catback and k&n drop in filter I ran my friend with a auto 93 lt1 camaro with welded in flowmasters and drop in k&n filter, from a 1st gear roll I started pulling as soon as we got on it we went up to 110 and I was a car length ahead.

bullitt2735

Established Member
^ I'm with him, exact set up to, mac catback and k&n (except i have a bullitt) pulled my friends 94 a4 z28 by about a half a car......then he got heads an cam and nitrous :-( not so much a race anymore for my full bolt on gt

edit: also ran a 13.85 at 101 bone stock, that seems around what most lt1's run with a few exceptions of amazing drivers in the mid 13's

Last edited:

VEE EIGHT

Banned
Like you?

No the Stang lost by atleast 2... and thats being nice.
The LT1 caught it, passed it and pulled it.
But I don't need a video to know an LT1 has the edge over a 2V.
Everyone knows that.

Dignity?
Like being able to admit the truth?
And calling me 'kid' in a shitty attempt to tack on some maturity is funny considering your clown like comments.

Almost as many as my friends 02 Mustang GT.

But he's not like you, he knows LT1's have the edge over 2V cars.
He can also admit his car is a domestic crapbox like mine.

Way to be full of shit, come across as a jackass and insult a poster in 2 comments, youre really coming on as a real articulate reference for information. But you aren't alone on this site, there are plenty of others with similar posts that border total denial, blatant ignorance and with no respect for another member.

ROFL you have "friends" that drive every car you're arguing about. How "convenient" :lol:

ColeTrain'sC5

Corvette Fan:)
Established Member
i raced a stock LS1 in my modded '96 Z28 and it was good until about 50mph where the LS1 started to pull. like i said, my intake, full exhaust and 3.73 geared LT1 beat every GT i ran into except the first race with the yellow one i raced. That was mostly my dumb ass figuring it wouldn't be close:D then i launched hard after that and beat him everytime but he was at my back bumper. He was full bolt on's and geared;) Back when i was just outta high school i raced a yellow GT('01 or so) 5 speed from a 5mph roll in my '00 V6 Camaro that had intake, exhaust and tune. Had him beat until about 75-80mph where he started to finally pull by but from 5mph-50 i pulled a car on him. I had 3.42's in that one. He said flat out he didn't miss any shifts or anything.

Last edited:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
1) 2V GT's are slow. LT1's edge those cars...especially the Auto 2V's. Those cars have trouble making 14's.
LT1 > 2V All day long... its a good race if its a fast 5 speed against a regular LT1. Put a WS6 M6 car against an auto 2V and it will be murder.
Whether you want to admit or not, NE GT's are a good match against a LT1. :nonono: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0yO-w5iids]YouTube - LT1 Vs GT[/ame] [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qx3bTfnr5jg&feature=related]YouTube - 2001 Mustang GT vs. 1994 Camaro (3)[/ame] [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j1zIqCh6CI]YouTube - MUSTANG GT 01 VS CAMARO LT1 95[/ame] [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNCRLQYyJ0k]YouTube - gt vs camaro[/ame] Not saying that the NE GT will smoke it (even though they are times it does :lol:) It will run with an LT1 with both equally drivers whether you want to admit it or not.

LMAO!!!!!
I knew this would happen to this thread. Oh well.
LOL We knew it was coming :lol:

Last edited:

S8ER01Z

Established Member
yeah right...you do know that the lower quarter mile time for the ls1 also means lower eighth mile times...i mean a stock ls1 still runs 8.6's or in many cases easily better...lt1's do NOT run this stock.

x2... I run 8.5 ~ 8.6 ... I have run as slow as 8.8 though.. (clutch with 90K on it...doesn't always take the clutch slip launch very well...)

Users who are viewing this thread