Mach gears in a GT?

Robman420

Mach 'n You
Established Member
hey guys i hate to make a thread for something so small but my stock 3.55 gear i got when i bought the mach 1 will they fit a 2000 GT i am pritty sure but i wanna be positive before i sell them to someone. thanks alot

203SBvert

Established Member
why would some1 upgrade from 3.27 gears to 3.55s...it will barely be noticeable!
I think it's a waste of $, but I don't see why it wouldn't fit..
might be wrong though :shrug:

Robman420

Mach 'n You
Established Member
i dont see a purpose to it eather i tried talking him in to some 3.73 but he says he wants 3.55:shrug: anyone else know 100% they will work

EVO-lution

Established Member
^^^^hahahaha def. man. he'll be disappointed with the 3.55 gears. I have them in my mach but I went from 3.27IRS to 3.55SRA so i feel the difference. completely different rear suspension.

buckinwild

Established Member
Technically installing everything back into its original position should have it set properly but I'm not saying that from personal experience, I just read it somewhere once, its never a good idea to install used gears. "disclaimer" I agree with everyone else about the ratio's however, to little difference for the hassle of the install.

E

2008 SVTP RPS Champ
Established Member
used gears aren't great to use but you can. they'll fit but honestly he won't be able to tell much of a difference just like evo-lution said.

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
it depends on what his plans are for the car, if its a track car and hes planing on goin turbo or SC then he maybe better off with the 3.55 then 4.10. there both 8.8 rear ends.

Robman420

Mach 'n You
Established Member
im not sure his plans of the car i see where your comming from but judging by how he talks about the car any kind of tracking is not for him

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Yes they'll work - same carrier and splines. He may want to go TT, who knows?

ALso......used gears are fine as long as the teeth and all are in good condition. Make sure he buys a rebuild kit for the rear.

Robman420

Mach 'n You
Established Member
ok all give him the heads of about the kit the gears i have are in mint condition aswell only on the car for 9,000 no beating miles as my car only has 16,000

Users who are viewing this thread