MACh Intake Spacer

DirtaySr

Private Sector Sucker
Established Member
Hi all, quick and perhaps stupid question .... can anyone advise if it makes sense to buy and instal the intake spacer under the ram air cover???

Thanks for the feedback and support.

:coolman:

RISaleen281

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
Hi all, quick and perhaps stupid question .... can anyone advise if it makes sense to buy and instal the intake spacer under the ram air cover???

Thanks for the feedback and support.

:coolman:

I think it's worth it just to raise that intake out of the hood a little more for esthetic purposes, even if it gives minimal gains. :beer:

4a7191a

Established Member
dito, when i was close to stock i gained like 10hp and 12 tq in the mids. at redline there wasnt much power gain, i think it was like 2hp.
:dancenana:

clc44

Established Member
I felt like mine helped me some as well and I've only got the 3/8". I would get one for the $100 bucks. Seems like a good mod to me.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Increasing intake volume and broadening the tq curve makes no sense.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
is he talking about the spacer that raises the shaker up higher? If so I dont care for them and doubt they do anything other than aesthetically

the PHP style 3/8" intake spacer between the upper and lower intake have been shown time and time again to pick up 2-3hp and 10-12ft lbs

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
^ That is what I have and it seems to help out.

way back in the day 2 guys on the registry that had the same mods just different brands made dyno pulls, both added the spacer, made more pulls the same day and both had damn near identical gains

4a7191a

Established Member
i had free dyno runs at uti, and all i noticed was midrange hp and tq, but thats a good palce to make gains IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread