Mach1 vs 03 V6 mustang

Black01Vert

Established Member
29°F Out tonight, cruising in my 03 Mustang 3.8 down I-55. I am heading to buffalo wild wings to watch bulls vs the lakers. Anyways as im cruising in the middle lane, i see a 2010 mustang 4.0 coming up on me fast! I get a little excited as i havent raced anyone with my pony on the brand new zex 125 shot and 3.73's. Anyways i see the stang go into the fast lane to pass me up followed by an azure blue mach 1. The mach sounded amazing definately had an exhaust.

Anyways as they both fly by me doing about 100 i downshift to 3rd and try to catch up to them. They both hit traffic and after following the pack for maybe 8-10 minutes of traffic, the 2010 takes an exit. Now its just me and the mach.

Traffic is now moving at around 20 mph, only to find out that a semi had side swiped a car.:eek:
Instantly after passing the accident scene traffic clears up as we merge onto 290W.(Im still following the mach) As im on the on ramps i purge the lines just in case hes down to run.

The mach slows down to about 35-40 and moves over to the middle lane and i am right beside him in the fast lane. I get all excited and by this time i had the nitrous ready to go at WOT with a fresh bottle. I see him giving me that "lets run" look, and I do not hesitate to give him 3 honks. We both immediately punch it. He instantly jumps out ahead maybe 1 car before i get traction. Im assuming he didnt catch traction right away either as he went WOT, let off for about half a second and then got back on it.
Shift to third i am slowly inching away. by the end of third my front bumper was at his door. shift to fourth and i pull even harder on him. When i shut down his bumper is at my front tires. This was me at about 5krpm in 4th. My speedo is off due to the 3.73's so i have no idea how fast i was really going.

After the run we catch up to some more traffic and the guy rolls down his windows(think he had 5%tint) and asks us what we have done to it...i purge the nitrous through the hood with the BIGGEST :-D on my face and he says "Damn! how much you spraying?" My buddy yells "125" He goes on to compliment my car saying its the fastest sixxer he's raced and we compliment him on his mach. That thing was nice, looked like it was just waxed/polished. Cool guy and i dont know why hes driving that thing up here in chicago, already got a few inches of snow and salt on the roads:(
From there we take the next exit as we passed up bdubs by about 5 exits :-D Missed the first quarter of the game, but it was well worth it, BULLS WIN!

My car
2003 mustang 3.8l
or/h w/flow 40's
k&N filter
UDP
ported upper/lower intake
and zex 125 wet shot:rockon:

tech1460

Established Member
Gotta love the bottle. I had a 98 v6 with a 90 shot compucar kit on it and surprised many people. Good feeling when keep up or pull on a car that should pull you.

neatofrito1618

Established Member
Sweet, my first car was a 2002 V6 that had full bolt-on's, 4.10's, and a ZEX 125 shot. She pulled damn hard for a V6, might of even been a tad quicker than the car I had after that('03 GT with 4.30's), lol.

Ended up buying a blower and built motor after that but sold it all later down the road. Part of me wishes I kept the car, but then I hear that 4v exhaust and my regret disappears.:banana:

ralvarez

Established Member
one of my club brothers had a 02 v6 vert w/ a couple bolt-ons on a 125 shot also and i remember he surprised a lot of people when he beat a bolt-on 98 cobra lol. actually, he surprised a lot of people with it.

Black01Vert

Established Member
Yeah i love the feeling of beating cars that would normally put buslengths on you, although i am done modding the 6, hopefully by spring i have enough money to get another 01 cobra:rockon:(sold the one in my sig)

Users who are viewing this thread