Mach1 With Roots style Blower????

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
when i did my eaton swap i was thinkin about goin with the stg4 but my tuner said it would be to much for the all stock car. I ran UDP for almost 3 years with NO problems :shrug:

TR03Mach1

Black Snake
Established Member
It's "You're".

Sorry, I had to get in on this somehow. :lol1:

OP - there are a LOT of variables like already mentioned. Also, you have to remember that he is installing a ported stg4 blower. Even with teh stock upper pulley, it will be at a 450-470 power level pending tune and other mods.

Personally, I wouldn't go with that blower without upgraded the internals first. A stage 1 port yes, but a stg4, not me.

GL. :beer:
You do know that it is not proper English grammer to use both the full and contracted version of the same word in a single sentence, right? :nonono:

I just love it when you lob one right over the plate like that! LOL! :dancenana:

mdrc347

Established Member
It might be a better idea to figure out what all parts you need ( the first link i posted will show you) and look online or on the registry for parts. Its ok to get small odds and ends from a dealership but would be expensive as hell if you bought everything new. Just a thought though its up to you.

Actually, I have found that Tousley is cheaper on many items than say Lethal with the nice discount that they offer (Tousley). I would price match, but Tousley is not a bad way to go.

when i did my eaton swap i was thinkin about goin with the stg4 but my tuner said it would be to much for the all stock car. I ran UDP for almost 3 years with NO problems :shrug:

I don't see why a stg4 would be to much as long as you keep the boost levels down. It would allow more power with less boost. I would think this would be better for him than trying to make more power by running more boost. Don't the Mach's already have forged internals? The only problem I see here is compression. Which again, shouldn't be a problem as long as you keep the boost down. I can't see 10psi being a problem with the right tune, if the mach's do in fact have forged internals.

03machstock

Established Member
Actually, I have found that Tousley is cheaper on many items than say Lethal with the nice discount that they offer (Tousley). I would price match, but Tousley is not a bad way to go.

I don't see why a stg4 would be to much as long as you keep the boost levels down. It would allow more power with less boost. I would think this would be better for him than trying to make more power by running more boost. Don't the Mach's already have forged internals? The only problem I see here is compression. Which again, shouldn't be a problem as long as you keep the boost down. I can't see 10psi being a problem with the right tune, if the mach's do in fact have forged internals.

Negative, high compression, non forged internals except for the crank in manuals.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member

Negative, no forged rotating assembly in the Mach. The 5 speeds have a forged crank but not rods and pistons. As for the compression 10.1 is fine for FI in my opinion. If you want to run more boost just increase the octane. After all the increase in compression will offer more power with less boost, about a 15% increase over an identical set up with 8.5.1 compression.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
You do know that it is not proper English grammer to use both the full and the contracted version of the same word in a single sentence, right? :nonono:

I just love it when you lob one right over the plate like that! LOL! :dancenana:
What was that again Tonto?

Nice lob toss yourself. My swing hit it over the fence, but yours was only a double. :lol::beer:

As noted, no they do not have forged rods and pistons. Also, you are getting more air with a ported blower. In other words, with a larger port job, more power at the same size pulley. A tad less psi though. Again, I would not install a stage 4 port on a stock internaled mach. Even with the largest pulley (stock) you will have to pull a decent amount of timing and dump fuel to 'keep' it safe. Sure, you lower IAT's, but that's about it.

Stage 4=forged internals, IMO.

mdrc347

Established Member
What was that again Tonto?

Nice lob toss yourself. My swing hit it over the fence, but yours was only a double. :lol::beer:

As noted, no they do not have forged rods and pistons. Also, you are getting more air with a ported blower. In other words, with a larger port job, more power at the same size pulley. A tad less psi though. Again, I would not install a stage 4 port on a stock internaled mach. Even with the largest pulley (stock) you will have to pull a decent amount of timing and dump fuel to 'keep' it safe. Sure, you lower IAT's, but that's about it.

Stage 4=forged internals, IMO.

Lower IAT's and that's about it. I would think that would be huge. Especially, with higher compression. Would this not make the setup not only make more power, but safer as well due to lower cylinder temps causing much less chance of detonation?

I stand corrected on the forged internals. My mistake. I'm not that familiar with the mach's.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Lower IAT's and that's about it. I would think that would be huge. Especially, with higher compression. Would this not make the setup not only make more power, but safer as well due to lower cylinder temps causing much less chance of detonation?

I stand corrected on the forged internals. My mistake. I'm not that familiar with the mach's.
We are.......that's why we're here to help. Been around the block a few times. Yes IAT's help..obviously, but there are other things to consider.
Sit back, relax, and learn a few things. :beer:

Thanks for all your help!!!! He will go with an unport blower. Another question on the list here i dont see needing to upgrade the injectors is the Stock one ok?

thanks
Yes, you have to upgrade the injectors. 39# at the minimum (cobra injectors).

New MAF as well.

Fuel Pump too.

DREAMCOMETRUE

Established Member
Yes, you have to upgrade the injectors. 39# at the minimum (cobra injectors).

New MAF as well.

Fuel Pump too.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Man:beer: Will a 03-04 Stock Cobra MAF Good? And the Fuel pump wich would you suggest. KBell BAP be good with Stock Pump?:shrug:
Thanks for help

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Thanks Man:beer: Will a 03-04 Stock Cobra MAF Good? And the Fuel pump wich would you suggest. KBell BAP be good with Stock Pump?:shrug:
Thanks for help
If you want to do it 'right' and prep for more power, I'd go with A cobra tank and pumps.

If you want to do what will get you by, I'd go with a Focus SVT or FGT pump at the minimum. A bap on top of that would be good for insurance.

IDK about using a cobra Maf. Quite honestly, I'd contact your tuner and see what he suggests. Some combo's are more difficult to tune over others. There's a wiring diagram on the registry for splicing in for the IAT sensor too.

Marco Thibeault

Established Member
Hello every body (excuse my english)
I'm the guy for DREAMCOMETRU post this tread. I'm looking for parts to make swap whith an Eaton supercharge. I already got the supercharge, plenum, trottle body, maf, intercooler.
WHY CHANGE THE ALTERNATOR?
WHY NEED A OIL COOLER?

This forum is a powerfull tools for guy like me to be knowledge and not make mistakes. Thanks everybody.

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
Hello every body (excuse my english)
I'm the guy for DREAMCOMETRU post this tread. I'm looking for parts to make swap whith an Eaton supercharge. I already got the supercharge, plenum, trottle body, maf, intercooler.
WHY CHANGE THE ALTERNATOR?
WHY NEED A OIL COOLER?

This forum is a powerfull tools for guy like me to be knowledge and not make mistakes. Thanks everybody.

ALT is moved from the top of the motor to the side of the motor and it mounts different. The oil cooler is the lower rad hose housin and is where the oil cooler mounts to. Im runnin a GT40 pump with a 20 amp BAP and im at 431HP :burnout:

Marco Thibeault

Established Member
Alright, but do I need another Alternator??
Another question.
Why everybody suggest me to run at 8-9 psi (boost) with my Mach1 (with a Eaton) and my friend have a GT 2007 with centrifuge supercharge and he can run with 12 psi of boost??? Intern parts are different?? Aluminium bloc, connecting rod.....

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
Check your Email. yes you have to have a 03 04 cobra ALT. 8-9 psi is safe. anything over 10 psi your askin for problem or thats what i have read. 5 speed mach have a forged crank but crapy rods and piston.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Alright, but do I need another Alternator??
Another question.
Why everybody suggest me to run at 8-9 psi (boost) with my Mach1 (with a Eaton) and my friend have a GT 2007 with centrifuge supercharge and he can run with 12 psi of boost??? Intern parts are different?? Aluminium bloc, connecting rod.....

Short answer?

12psi is crazy on an S197 IMO and he's on borrowed time.

Machs have higher Compression ratio.

TUning makes a huge difference.

Centrif. chargers build boost differently than PD blowers.

Other mods affect the charger too.

Don't compare yourself to another car, especially an S197 mustang. Two totally different animals.

BTW _ you need a lot more parts than what you've listed. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread