Made a little mistake, would love some help, setting timing.

shoracer

Established Member
So I f-ed up the timing. Was installing the billet oil pump gear today and everything was going along smoothly, other than a dampers that was glued on with silicone, yes all in the key way and made it much harder to get off. That was until I messed, got the timing all back to my marks with help from my neighbor, another Mustang guy. And, the went to rotate the motor to make sure nothing was off, so I guess that I were I should say I have been playing with Chrysler products for the last 10+ years and I rotated the motor clockwise. Yeah, I watched the chain jump time on the third rotation. So run back down grab the neighbor to brain storm. 30-40 minutes later we think we have it set, but I would rather be 100% sure that we have it right.
Matrix are at the top position and the key way is at 12 o-clock. Matrix marks at facing up and the marks on the cam phaser are straight up. We reset the motor to the mark I had made earlier, not the dark links on the chains.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/c9dxgs11apw2kpi/AABN3pwHvKyQm0QNTRNJvVTga

if someone that has experience with setting the timing can review our work I would greatly appreciate it. Also if we should reset to the dark links to be safe please let me know, this is a boosted motor and would prefer not to be rebuilding right now.

pufferfish

Established Member
Find the comp cams install instructions. They have it clearly laid out. American muscle has them available to download from their site.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
With how you have it right now make sure cylinder 1 is at top dead center.

Also make sure you put silicone back on the keyway for the crankshaft damper or it will leak.

Users who are viewing this thread