Made the Jump!! 08 Z06 Content...

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
i kept the cobra and the z-06. and then stopped driving the cobra (even though it was whippled) when i bought the z. felt like driving a tractor vs. the vette felt like a rocket powered go-cart. now that my z is h/c/i/exhaust, i am forever spoiled. nothing short of an exotic will even remotely compare at this point. the car is just plain nuts.

welcome to the dark side. you won't regret your purchase

wma8706

Established Member
i kept the cobra and the z-06. and then stopped driving the cobra (even though it was whippled) when i bought the z. felt like driving a tractor vs. the vette felt like a rocket powered go-cart. now that my z is h/c/i/exhaust, i am forever spoiled. nothing short of an exotic will even remotely compare at this point. the car is just plain nuts.

welcome to the dark side. you won't regret your purchase

how does the 2013 gt500 compare to the ZO6?

Co-brat

FNG
Established Member
I always said I would never sell the Cobra, but I would for a C6Z. Love the color ;-)

This is exactly how I feel... saw a murdered one at a dyno day last weekend and almost had to go to the bathroom to punch the clown so my boner would go away....

Pete's 03

Where's my eating helmet?
Established Member
Thanks guys! Car is completely stock for now other than my Kenwood Excelon DVD/nav/bluetooth system I installed a couple days ago, I am getting the windows tinted tomorrow and just started looking into some of the bolt on stuff. I'm sure it will get an intake/exhaust/tune pretty soon with wheels to follow once these tires are shot. Just need to do a bit more research on what stuff I want.

If any z06 owners want to chime in for recommended stuff you're more than welcome!! Oh, places to buy too....

quad

Established Member
Z06 are awesome cars. The only thing for me is a Vette looks fast by appearance. A Terminator catches people by surprise because they don't think they are that fast. Especially a whipple'd one.

To me the Mustang has a Mad Max appeal. A Vette is just too cute for Mad Max. He needs something that looks like it has to do some work.

I would never say no to a Z06 and if I ever had a chance to own one it certainly would not replace the Terminator. They both would be in the garage. I know everyone is different but to me the Terminator becomes more special as the years go by.

You have experiences with the car. I almost lost my Terminator just over a year ago when thugs tried to bump and run my car at a traffic signal. Fortunately I had the sense to drive away without confronting them. The little scuff they caused on the rear fender rubbed out with rubbing compound real easy.

The Terminator is my Gran Torino.

BIG_WINNER

Established Member
Cobra a second rate car?

Have fun with the dropped valve issues and a $15k LS7 replacement!

I wouldnt touch a Z06 with a 10 foot pole.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Cobra a second rate car?

Have fun with the dropped valve issues and a $15k LS7 replacement!

I wouldnt touch a Z06 with a 10 foot pole.

That problem isn't nearly as widespread as the internet makes it seem. I could say the same for you doing WOT 5th-6th pulls, be careful of cylinders 7 & 8! I had an '03 Cobra for 6 years, they have weaknesses too.

BIG_WINNER

Established Member
That problem isn't nearly as widespread as the internet makes it seem. I could say the same for you doing WOT 5th-6th pulls, be careful of cylinders 7 & 8! I had an '03 Cobra for 6 years, they have weaknesses too.

It's pretty bad, get on the Corvette websites. Low mile cars too. And difference is, in many cases, they have been failing simply cruising around town. The Cobra issues occured when people were on a super high speed pass.

I'd hate to spend the cost of a nice C5 just to replace an engine, but it is what it is.

musclefan21

Established Member
I would burn my cobra and then piss on it for an 06+ Z06...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread