Made the toughest choice in my life today.

Zemedici

Established Member
How does one give meaningful comment in this circumstance, it's very difficult. I will say this, since you have decided death is a better place for you, I believe once you have left your broken physical body you will be free of the suffering and pain you have endured for so long. See you on the other side.

Very well put.

See you on the other side bud.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I remember the day my Mom told me she was done with the Chemo, and was just done and over it. Her passing was no surprise, as the writing was on the wall years before. Which made it way easier on us. I don't mean to sound morbid, but what does your family say? Wife, kids, parents, etc.

10splaya22

Established Member
Wow sorry to hear. Puts all the "difficulties" in every day life in perspective. I couldn't imagine what you have to go through. Prayers sent your way.

Ablaze

Established Member
Can't say more than has already been said, cannot imagine having to go through something like this.. my absolute best wishes possible to you and your family for however you all are coping.

V3NMOUS

Old guy's rule!
Established Member
I remember the day my Mom told me she was done with the Chemo, and was just done and over it. Her passing was no surprise, as the writing was on the wall years before. Which made it way easier on us. I don't mean to sound morbid, but what does your family say? Wife, kids, parents, etc.
To be honest about it, I am kind of on an island. In my fervor to maximize my earnings, I traveled extensively throughout my career. I walked in & out of my family's life at my convenience. My current situation with my wife is shit. She doesn't know how to handle my illness, she lost her mother to ERSD 4 years ago. She lashes out at me, & to be honest with you I'm just done with the whole thing. Due to my medical expenses when initially diagnosed, I had to sell everything. Car, home, etc. It took 2+ years for my SSDI to get approved, and I was the breadwinner in our home. Like I said, bad decision after bad decision. I have lived a pretty full life. Seen all 50 states, had some fast cars, many positive memories to reflect on. My current medical situation gives me no quality of life. I hate being an invalid.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Takes huge man balls to be honest, and I thank you for that. Not much else I can say, but when the will is gone, it's gone. Even though it has no bearing on your situation and don't mean to derail your thread, but we're dealing with a similar situation with one of our dogs. I'll fight tooth and nail to help, but when I see the will to go on...

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
To be honest about it, I am kind of on an island. In my fervor to maximize my earnings, I traveled extensively throughout my career. I walked in & out of my family's life at my convenience. My current situation with my wife is shit. She doesn't know how to handle my illness, she lost her mother to ERSD 4 years ago. She lashes out at me, & to be honest with you I'm just done with the whole thing. Due to my medical expenses when initially diagnosed, I had to sell everything. Car, home, etc. It took 2+ years for my SSDI to get approved, and I was the breadwinner in our home. Like I said, bad decision after bad decision. I have lived a pretty full life. Seen all 50 states, had some fast cars, many positive memories to reflect on. My current medical situation gives me no quality of life. I hate being an invalid.

I'm completely unqualified and out of line in asking, I own that, but is this you walking out again because it's convenient for you?

Either way, my condolences to your family.

V3NMOUS

Old guy's rule!
Established Member
Takes huge man balls to be honest, and I thank you for that. Not much else I can say, but when the will is gone, it's gone. Even though it has no bearing on your situation and don't mean to derail your thread, but we're dealing with a similar situation with one of our dogs. I'll fight tooth and nail to help, but when I see the will to go on...
Not much point in being dishonest with my self now. Take the situation for what it is. I just want to have a little dignity in the last bit of my life. Made the call to a hospice today, that was an interesting call.....

DGladhill

Established Member
Not sure how to respond for this. Make the best of it and make sure everyone you care for knows how you feel, definitely not an easy choice to make and it's one of those things I think about frequently ( ie: if X were to happen, how would I handle it ).

sonicblew

Established Member
i will struggle to say it any better than many others already have but wanted to put something here anyway.
I can't imagine the choice. Thank you for sharing and putting it to perspective for many of us.
Prayer to you and yours

V3NMOUS

Old guy's rule!
Established Member
I'm completely unqualified and out of line in asking, I own that, but is this you walking out again because it's convenient for you?

Either way, my condolences to your family.
No. It's a quality of life issue. Let me give you a small example, imagine having constant diarrhea. Every time you eat something, 15-20 minutes later you have to go to the bathroom. You can't control it, no matter what you do, no matter where you are at. I have to sleep with a pad on my bed. The diarrhea gets so bad, I have a hit myself driving. Multiple times. Now, think of the alternatives. Diapers, really at 44 I get to wear a diaper?

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.

-Mark Twain
Great Post!

Have a good one OP, I respect your decision and tip my hat to you. See you on the other side bud. :beer:

Last edited:

rezarxt

free pizza man
Established Member
May you remember the good times. I hope you have the ability to spend your final days doing stuff you love with people you love.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Op, I'll be praying for miracles for you. I dont know your faith but I suggest now is a good time to talk to God and square things away because it's never too late to talk to Him. I guarantee if anything you'll find solace and comfort in letting out your frustrations.

Op, I say embrace death. If I had the choice I would die on a battlefield, but that's kind of unlikely now so I would prefer to go out slowly so that I can reflect and straighten out my relationships and affairs so no one has to do it for me. My point is that it shouldn't be something to fear. Life is simply pain, but it's a necessary pain, and death is freedom from it all.

If that comes off as insensitive Im sorry, but you said you weren't looking for condolences. I truly hope the best for you and pray God will guide you in this coming time, but dont be afraid though of what's to come. Just straighten out your relationships. Good luck.

Edit: Also, most important thing: If you need anyone to talk to I dont think anyone here would have any problem meeting up or talking on the phone or messages, whatever. Everyone here is very inviting so dont hesitate to message anyone here.

Last edited:

cbj5259

Established Member
OP, all the respect in the world for you and this gut wrenching decision you had to make. There is no easy way to stare down death but at least you have the rare opportunity to see it coming and plan accordingly. I won't get all religious on you because frankly none of us really knows what comes next...what I will say is that no matter what all of your questions will be answered when you go. In a strange way that is something to look forward to. I'm banking on the hope and gut feeling that something does continue on into the cosmos somewhere and there is something else out there. I think there is more to life than just the years we spend here in this existence. This life we are just passing through. Godspeed and have a great trip.

Last edited:

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Op, I'll be praying for miracles for you. I dont know your faith but I suggest now is a good time to talk to God and square things away because it's never too late to talk to Him. I guarantee if anything you'll find solace and comfort in letting out your frustrations.

Op, I say embrace death. If I had the choice I would die on a battlefield, but that's kind of unlikely now so I would prefer to go out slowly so that I can reflect and straighten out my relationships and affairs so no one has to do it for me. My point is that it shouldn't be something to fear. Life is simply pain, but it's a necessary pain, and death is freedom from it all.

If that comes off as insensitive Im sorry, but you said you weren't looking for condolences. I truly hope the best for you and pray God will guide you in this coming time, but dont be afraid though of what's to come. Just straighten out your relationships. Good luck.

Agreed.

While I can't even begin to understand nor compare my life and struggles with yours, knowing that there is relief from all of the pain and suffering on this earth is relieving.

Good luck to you and your family, I'll be praying for you.

robraySVT

Established Member
Man, I don't even know what to think. I'm about to turn 40 and try to eat healthy while doing crossfit twice a week. I can't imagine what it must be like for you. Just make sure you are at peace and godspeed. Cu on the other side.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
Kind of makes a shitty day at work gain perspective, may God bless you and succor you in your coming tribulations.

Users who are viewing this thread