Mag- ps3

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
Picked this up tonight after watching the trailer. It was released today. It plays like a PC game, pretty cool though, a nice change from the COD playing style. More like SOCOM meets Battlefield. Anyone else pic it up?

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
i had a thread going on this...not much traffic though.

so plays like a pc game? i was never into pc games...can you elaborate?

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
i had a thread going on this...not much traffic though.

so plays like a pc game? i was never into pc games...can you elaborate?

I did a search and nothing came up. Anyways, the overall motions of the players are similar to how Battlefield for PC is. Its not like COD where you kill someone easily, you actually have to shoot them a few times for them to die. Im only a level 4 right now, the Respawn sucks, you have to wait 20 seconds to respawn and if you change your respawn site you have to wait another 20 seconds on top of that. It has good/bad parts already. The big maps with up to 256 players per map is awesome as shit though

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
I saw the trailer for it. It looks pretty awesome, the whole time i thought it was for a PC.

But didnt know it came out already. How does it compare to COD4? Might pick it up just because you can have 256 players all playing at once.

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member
Yeah, the beta wasn't great due to the number of times you had to hit someone with a sniper rifle. It definately had some nice graphics, but I don't really have time to play more than one FPS so it's going to have to be vastly superior to COD for me to ditch it.

I am kind of looking forward to the new bad company as I heard it has dedicated servers, but I have never played the game itself.

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
i wasn't impressed with the beta either. i just have to find something to play other than mw2. what a peice of $hit game!

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
my brother wants me to buy this, but everything ive seen looks pretty average...

Graphics are subpar for a Ps3 game. I will say though that its a lot different than COD so its not even comparable honestly. Its something different. Thing that sucks is you have to shot someone 3 times at least with the sniper rifle to get a kill. Headshots are the only way to get one shot one kills. As well with the other rifles, its at least 5-6 shots before they die. I think if they improved these things through a patch or something it would be a really awesome game. Respawn time sucks too. I think Bad Company 2 is going to absolute waste COD MW2. This is a nice teaser game until that arrives.

IMO i give it a 5/10 because there is such room for improvement to make this a really cool game.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Graphics are subpar for a Ps3 game. I will say though that its a lot different than COD so its not even comparable honestly. Its something different. Thing that sucks is you have to shot someone 3 times at least with the sniper rifle to get a kill. Headshots are the only way to get one shot one kills. As well with the other rifles, its at least 5-6 shots before they die. I think if they improved these things through a patch or something it would be a really awesome game. Respawn time sucks too. I think Bad Company 2 is going to absolute waste COD MW2. This is a nice teaser game until that arrives.

IMO i give it a 5/10 because there is such room for improvement to make this a really cool game.

sounds like a gamefly rental...thanks!

Branigan77

Established Member
To all the sniper comments, the beginning sniper rifle that you are given (ebr) is a horrible gun. 3-5 shot kill. I wouldn't recommend leveling up with a sniper. The L86 (second rifle) is better, but not the best. 2-3 shot to kill someone with medium armor I think. The third and best sniper rifle, LRSS - or something, is a beast. They definitely go down in 2 shots. Sometimes 1 if they are hurt a little before the shot. Sniping in the game seems more of a support role. You nick someone, and your teammates have an easier time finishing them off with an assualt rifle. Counter-sniping is also fun.

Would recommend leveling up with the LMG class. Huge clips, and tolerable recoil with the Holographic sight and front grip I think you can have 1 of those accessories at lvl 2, and the other at level 4.

Graphics are what they are. Not on par with MW2 or BC2. I think this is a proving grounds for getting more people in 1 lobby. Hope other game manufacturers pick this idea up. 6v6 and 9v9 in MW2 is kind of slow at times compared to MAG.

This game is a hold-over for BC2 for me, can't wait! This was definitely worth the $60 for me.

Last edited:

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
To all the sniper comments, the beginning sniper rifle that you are given (ebr) is a horrible gun. 3-5 shot kill. I wouldn't recommend leveling up with a sniper. The L86 (second rifle) is better, but not the best. 2-3 shot to kill someone with medium armor I think. The third and best sniper rifle, LRSS - or something, is a beast. They definitely go down in 2 shots. Sometimes 1 if they are hurt a little before the shot. Sniping in the game seems more of a support role. You nick someone, and your teammates have an easier time finishing them off with an assualt rifle. Counter-sniping is also fun.

Would recommend leveling up with the LMG class. Huge clips, and tolerable recoil with the Holographic sight and front grip I think you can have 1 of those accessories at lvl 2, and the other at level 4.

Graphics are what they are. Not on par with MW2 or BC2. I think this is a proving grounds for getting more people in 1 lobby. Hope other game manufacturers pick this idea up. 6v6 and 9v9 in MW2 is kind of slow at times compared to MAG.

This game is a hold-over for BC2 for me, can't wait! This was definitely worth the $60 for me.

I agree, im at level 17 now and since i have the skill points to unlock more weapon attachments, it makes the game FAR more enjoyable to play. I thought it was just the way the game was made and i sucked lol but now that i have some optics and some other upgrades on the weapons, its really easy to lay down some fire on people. So far my favorite shadow maps are Suppression and Acquisition. I just unlock the SCAR-LW with a Halo. Ive been running around as the medic healing people, you get big XP for that.

Plus on that EBR, i was getting mad headshot kills with it after i added the front grip attachment. cant wait to get more points though to unlock the LRS

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread