Magnaflow power loss

Mike L.

Established Member
Just bought an '04 Cobra with 9K miles on it totaly stock. Installed JIL cold air and noticed some gains. Installed a tune from Wait For me and noticed quite a difference in power. I just installed a Magnaflow cat back and I swear this thing dropped power. This is not my first go round with Cobras and I am stumped. Any thoughts guys? Thanks.

racebronco2

Established Member
Just bought an '04 Cobra with 9K miles on it totaly stock. Installed JIL cold air and noticed some gains. Installed a tune from Wait For me and noticed quite a difference in power. I just installed a Magnaflow cat back and I swear this thing dropped power. This is not my first go round with Cobras and I am stumped. Any thoughts guys? Thanks.

Take it to a dyno and give us real numbers or take it to the track. Just because it feels slower doesn't mean it is.

Anabolic

Banned
yeah i would take it to the dyno, I bet your power band just shifted If anything alittle higher in RPMS. But im sure you gained some power.

moonltgold

They're worth any easy 20 rwhp. They shouldn't lean that much on a stock tune, but with your aftermarket tune you may have to re-adjust.

Jroc

Established Member
That doesn't really make much sense. The Magnaflow CB is one of the best if not the best exhaust on the market as far as maximum power gained on a Terminator. I lost 11 whp/30 lb-ft when I switched to M55's from my old Magnaflow CB.

Anabolic

Banned
^ That's way different lol, funny it would go right after putting exhaust on? anywho. How's it run now & how do you like the magnaflows?

Mike L.

Established Member
^ That's way different lol, funny it would go right after putting exhaust on? anywho. How's it run now & how do you like the magnaflows?
Car runs great now. The exhaust is a little loud ( stock H ) as the mufflers are straight through. I'll probably get a custom 2 1/2 mid pipe setup with a 3rd muffler. This car runs so much better than my '99 did.

Jroc

Established Member
yeah they're nice cars! you got the magnaflow magnapacks i assume?

That's what I was think we he said it was really loud. The regular Magnaflow CB isn't all that loud as far as aftermarket systems go especially with stock manifolds and H-Pipe.

Users who are viewing this thread