Magpul MOE handguards

rubber duck

Established Member
Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this piece and what they thought of it. Fit/finish? Ease of installing rails on it? I have a quad rail and just getting tired of luggin it around, looking for some lighter weight options. Any input appreciated.

EvergreenSVT

Established Member
It's heavier than a Troy TRX of equal length. Fit and finish is good. They are stable and if you only need a light and a sling on your rifle they are the cheap way to do it.

rubber duck

Established Member
It's heavier than a Troy TRX of equal length. Fit and finish is good. They are stable and if you only need a light and a sling on your rifle they are the cheap way to do it.
Only a grip and light would go on it, I use a single point sling. Good to hear that it's durable as it's going to get bonked around. Thanks for the input.

Cochese

Twin Turbo V8
Established Member
Here is a shitty camera phone picture of a 6721 with all Magpul MOE stuff in FDE.

IMAG0154.jpg

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this piece and what they thought of it. Fit/finish? Ease of installing rails on it? I have a quad rail and just getting tired of luggin it around, looking for some lighter weight options. Any input appreciated.

Seems pretty sturdy on mine, goes on and off in just a second or two really. Installing lights/handles are as simple as turning a single screw for most. Very simple IMO.

here is my set up. Bushmaster Rifle

IMAG0319.gif

IMAG0320.gif

Last edited:

EvergreenSVT

Established Member
Looks like a YHM silencer to me. They are moderately effective as 5.56 cans go. Figure a sound signature about like a .22 rimfire. Not enough that you shouldn't be wearing light earplugs for training or plinking but about 95-97% less noise than an unsuppressed gunshot.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
svtcop, is that a flash hider or an actual suppressor?

If suppressor is it wet or dry? And how effective is it.

See Below!

Looks like a YHM silencer to me. They are moderately effective as 5.56 cans go. Figure a sound signature about like a .22 rimfire. Not enough that you shouldn't be wearing light earplugs for training or plinking but about 95-97% less noise than an unsuppressed gunshot.

Outstanding catch! :beer: 100% on the mark!

When wearing hearing protection I actually hear the bolt more than the actual shot.

Last edited:

oldmodman

Established Member
I sure wish that suppressors were legal to own in California.

Even with always wearing custom fitted earplugs and shooters phones at the same time, I occasionally still flinch when shooting my Desert Eagle 50AE or either of my 7mm Magnum rifles. Even when only shooting 308 my hearing is affected by the end of the day.

I can't imagine what the guys that were cannon cockers in Nam have for hearing today. Can't be good.

rubber duck

Established Member
Got the handguards on, pretty sturdy piece. They heat up a little with rapid fire but nothing that's uncomfortable. Now to get a couple rail sections and throw everything back on. They are definitely lighter than my quad.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Got the handguards on, pretty sturdy piece. They heat up a little with rapid fire but nothing that's uncomfortable. Now to get a couple rail sections and throw everything back on. They are definitely lighter than my quad.

I agree with the heat, there's really not much venting on these. The handle I placed on it has eliminated the worry though.

rubber duck

Established Member
I agree with the heat, there's really not much venting on these. The handle I placed on it has eliminated the worry though.
I figure I can run a mag through it and use it as a handwarmer in the winter.:) I definitely need to throw my grip on there, but right now I'm just happy with a very light rifle. Where did you get the rail sections from? I just ordered a couple Magpul pieces because I know they'll fit, but not sure I'll be to fit the grip and light underneath like I had before, I guess I'll find out soon. I only went with the carbine length.

Last edited:

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
I have them on my mp15 they do not wobble yet seem like a nice piece. I may go with the troys just to see which I like better

Users who are viewing this thread