Make your own 93 Cobra floormats?

BADBOYSPACK

Ford Tech
Established Member
LEE93COBRA said:
How does $99.95+ shipping sound for a set of 4. Logo's would only be on the front mats.

I'll try and get a sample set made in each color next week to take pics of.

good job LEE93 :rockon:

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
svtdriven said:
copyright laws?! I won't tell if you won't tell, hehe!

From what i understand, the supplier I am going through already has it approved through Ford. I'll find out for sure when I see them tomorrow

~Ray~

Established Member
Actually Fords copyright states no one can make COBRA mats using there Embroidery to mimic the origionals, I've been in contact with 3 different places in reguards to this over multiple different times throughout the last two years hoping to catch em off guard & even one day got one of em to call Ford & they all said the samething, "I'm sorry but copyright laws will not let us do it", if you got a place that's great I'm down I'll take 3 sets ;)

93_Snake

93 Cobra worshipper
Established Member
LEE93COBRA said:
How does $99.95+ shipping sound for a set of 4. Logo's would only be on the front mats.

I'll try and get a sample set made in each color next week to take pics of.

Put me down for a set of the gray ones. Great Job!

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
here is what was sent to me the other day. They already had this logo. looks the same or very similar to me

221_m.jpg

I'll post again this evening. Going to see them around 1 or 2 CST this afternoon

arods93snake

1 of 185
Established Member
Lee,

Kick A$% job! Tell me how much and where to send your payment! I will take 2 sets in Black! Not exact for the fineses but with all the copyright stuff mentioned above, they are pretty close to the originals to me! PM with your info once you get all the particulars. :pepper:

Arod

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
Ok guys just got home. Met with them and gave them a copy of my tax ID and business license. I have a set of medum opal and black that should be ready by Thursday. They are officially licensed by Ford Motor Company so the logo is legit and from what I saw today it is the correct one. I used the carpet sample they had and matched it up with my OEM mats (took my good ones that stay in a closet all the time) to be sure the color was close to what it should be if not exact.

However, they will not be embroidered on Ford part # mats like I had hoped. But they will be the correct designed mats for our cars.

Here are the specs on the mats:
*Made from original OEM specification Carpet
*Color matched to carpet color
*Grip lock, non-skid backing

Mats retail for around $120 or so and I am sticking to the $99.95+shipping that I mentioned above.

A bonus to this is, I also can sale ACC carpet. So whenever you guys need some, please pm me first. I should be able to beat anyone else on price :thumbsup:

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
I dont what all is need to make it legal or illegal to copy something , but the original mats do not have the copyright symbol, trademark symbol, registered symbol or any patent or patent pending markings any where on them. As far as the word "COBRA" I don't think ford owns the rights to the word"COBRA" do they? Maybe in the way that the word is used, so just have the embroidered cobra moved over a 1/8 inch or so and then they are not copies?

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
As far as I know, yes they do own the word cobra when used in reference to a ford product. Hell the company that I am getting the floor mats from is only allowed to do it in red just like the OEM mats.

As far as moving the logo, I imagine that everyone else is like me and prefer to have as close as possible to an OEM match

svtdriven

Established Member
the ebroidery looks nice, are they going to stitch down the area around it? the mat itself doesn't look like the same material as the original either. here is a pic so you can see what I am talking about.
cobramat.jpg

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
svtdriven said:
the ebroidery looks nice, are they going to stitch down the area around it? the mat itself doesn't look like the same material as the original either. here is a pic so you can see what I am talking about.
cobramat.jpg

that pic I posted is strictly the logo, not an actual floor mat.

They should look the same but I won't know until I pick up the mats on Thursday. I hope so because if they don't I just pissed away right at $200

~Ray~

Established Member
It is against the law for them to put the stitch down area around the COBRA lettering, like I said I've been there done that with every company there is that is liscensed to do the COBRA embroidery & that picture you posted is from http://www.accmats.com/logos/logos.aspx & if that is the place your having them done @ stop right now because I had a set made there even without the stitchdown area just to see & they look terrible, the letting is way bigger than normal & the lettering was way off center & almost in the middle of the mat.

PJM99

Established Member
I see what Ray is talking about. Doesn't look too promising.

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
~Ray~ said:
It is against the law for them to put the stitch down area around the COBRA lettering, like I said I've been there done that with every company there is that is liscensed to do the COBRA embroidery & that picture you posted is from http://www.accmats.com/logos/logos.aspx & if that is the place your having them done @ stop right now because I had a set made there even without the stitchdown area just to see & they look terrible, the letting is way bigger than normal & the lettering was way off center & almost in the middle of the mat.

if they have a Ford Motor Company license, why is it against the law? I thought that was the purpose of buying the license.

Either way, I am going to take my OEM mat back with me when I pick them up. If they don't come close to matching, then we will discuss it some more. I hope that since I am local and have a good OEM mat that maybe it will help but it sounds like (from what ~Ray~ has said) that I just wasted some company money. :(

Just give me a chance to work with them guys
-Lee

P.S. I never claimed these would be 'show' mats. Just trying to get some made that are very close to the originals for daily driver use. That is all

Last edited:

svtdriven

Established Member
hey, I appreciate the effort! No big deal if it doesn't work out. I think you have a better chance being local and with an original mat to work with. I'm still hopeful that it'll work out.

Users who are viewing this thread