Making 91 Octane Equal 93 Octane

04-MystiChrome

One Fast Grand-PaPi
Established Member
What is the best way to make 91 Octane Pump Gas have
a 93 Octane Rating. What kind of blend or how to please.
Cali & Nv-All we got is 91. My timing/tune is set for 93.

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
I'd use an accelerator, something like Torco for everyday driving. Unless you can get pump 100. If you can, just do the math. If you use Torco ACCL, i think it has a chart on the bottle.......

kaboom

Yea it's a 03 now shut up
Established Member
Just move to New York 94 octane here sir:beer: Cam2 6 miles from my house for the race tune.

jleews6

Established Member
I keep saying this and nobody listens.

ZYLENE.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It has a 118 octane rating and does not hurt your 02's. I have used this stuff for 14 years with no problems. If you go to
turbobuick.com and do a search you will find all the info you need.9 gallons of 91 with one gallon of zylene will give you 94 octane with no smell like Cam 2 or VP.:beer:

04-MystiChrome

One Fast Grand-PaPi
Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
Why don't you just use a 91 tune?

Cause the timing is more advanced which I think
would make more power,not cause of the octane
rating of 93, but because of advanced timing. Now
I actually don't know if I'm correct,

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by 04-MystiChrome
Cause the timing is more advanced which I think
would make more power,not cause of the octane
rating of 93, but because of advanced timing. Now
I actually don't know if I'm correct,
The 4hp you might pick up is not worth the hassle of mixing gas and/or chemicals. JMHO.

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by Juiced-03
Where can this Torco additive be found? thanks!
Apex sells it. I think Amazon might carry it too. I'll post the phone number for the distributer on the west coast for you.

Juiced-03

Established Member
Thanks! I have heard so much about it, and heard it is a really good product. I would like to order a case of it if people here really think it raises the octane count.

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by Juiced-03
Thanks! I have heard so much about it, and heard it is a really good product. I would like to order a case of it if people here really think it raises the octane count.
It definitely works. You don't want to put too much in there or you will foul your plugs and O2 sensors. A half a can of Torco in our tanks will get you about 95 octane if I remember right.

f2fast4u

Established Member
Yeah, don't get one bad tank of gas thinking it's 91. That's why I limited my tuning, but some good info in the thread.

Last edited:

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
I'll post the phone number for the distributer on the west coast for you.
702-644-5733 should work. Ask for Jim. You want to ask for Torco Accelerator for unleaded fuel.

03SoCalCobra

HIGH PSI 03
Established Member
Huntington Beach, CA (h), Culver City (w)
XYLENE

I've tried it and 103 VP on and off in the 03 for almost 2 years. Add 1 gal of Xylene (or Xylol as I believe it's listed at Home Depot) to 1/3 gal 91 octane and you'll definitly feel it. Now all you don't get your boxers in a wad and tell me octane by itself does nothing to power- that's true. It's a componant of normal gas too. People have been running it as an octane booster for many years and it works extremely well.

Xylene though must have a higher heat content or affect the gas in some other way, because you can definitly feel it. It's simular to the air temp dropping about 10-15 degrees, maybe more. I thought it was psychological at first, but it happened every time I used Xylene so I looked it up and found other people saying exactly the same thing in all types of cars. I also tried 1 gal in 1/2 tank with very little of the same effect (I've not tried less than 1gal to 1/3 tank).

And nobody get all excited if you've not tried this yourself. Hightly recommended- just be careful NOT to get any on the paint when you're pouring it in.

Juiced-03

Established Member
You can buy it at Home Depot??!! How much does it cost, and where would I find it?

Users who are viewing this thread