Making the swap from GT500 to 5.0L with 67mm turbo...!

Pure_Evil_GT500

LS7 BUD
Established Member
The auto seems to hold the power better... I've been told by Jon Lund and a bunch of other people that the stock wears out quickly after 525rwhp... Just check YouTube and you'll find auto's with stock torque converters & 2.9L whipples going 9's but look up manual and you find 10.30's and with upgraded clutches... I haven't heard of any problems with the autos... Plus I'm sure some other people will agree... The autos are faster but if I can get away with a manual I'd be much happier...

Last edited:

cababah

Established Member
FI means Forged internals

in the context i was speaking, it meant "forced induction"

can mean fuel injection, forged internals as well.

and YES, i HAVE driven a 2010 gt500 and it was not gently either. i didn't have any issues going through the gears; it actually shifted quite nicely i thought.

H-TownMachI

It's the Hamburglar
Established Member
I'm still curious to know what the issues are with the oil pumps. I know the 03-04 32 valve engines had some issues with destroying oil pump gears when running aftermarket crank pulleys but I haven't really heard of any issues with the 2011+ oil pump.

Pure_Evil_GT500

LS7 BUD
Established Member
Advice I got from some smart people is to get an ATI damper and install billett gears in the oil pump as the cast gears are breaking from the harmonics when you get up into the high rwhp range.

Last edited:

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
you sure know a lot of smart people..just sayin. why come on here and ask if you have so many advisers already :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread