Malaysia Flight Missing

SVTORANGE

Established Member
BUT they still have no visible debris from said wreckage I honestly don't think its the plane.

Last edited:

zPipes

Established Member
I don't think it would be hard to believe that most, if not all, wreckage sank to the bottom of the ocean. With the weather conditions out there, and the time its been, good chance. Plus what hasn't sank, could be anywhere. Big ocean, probably easy to have floating debris scatterred and very difficult to track down.

SVTORANGE

Established Member
I don't think it would be hard to believe that most, if not all, wreckage sank to the bottom of the ocean. With the weather conditions out there, and the time its been, good chance. Plus what hasn't sank, could be anywhere. Big ocean, probably easy to have floating debris scatterred and very difficult to track down.

Hope you right tired of the MEDIA coverage

65fastback2+2

Established Member
According to latest news the pings are actually very close to each other.
The distance between the 1st and 2nd ping is 14 Km's, the 2nd to 3rd is 15 Km's, and the 3rd to 4th is 10 Km's.
They also fall into position on either side of the satellite handshake calculation path.
I'd say this is very promising.

here was the image cnn used on the last article i read on the pings

s032413481.jpg

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
They could be well preserved.
The average depth of the Indian Ocean is 13,000 feet (no idea what it is in search area), and according to the Smithsonian Ocean Portal, at 13,000 feet the temperature hovers around freezing, and there's no sunlight at all.

yeah but the movie "deep rising" comes to mind about those bodies.

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
The average depth of the Indian Ocean is 13,000 feet (no idea what it is in search area), and according to the Smithsonian Ocean Portal, at 13,000 feet the temperature hovers around freezing, and there's no sunlight at all.

yea idk, the impact with the water, the pressure at 13,000 ft, marine life..... :xpl:

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
Have not watched the news since this happened.

And see no reason to go back. I'll just stick to online news articles.

[video=youtube;7I4e4ui6oJQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I4e4ui6oJQ[/video]

86merc

Established Member
From Wiki under Marine salvage

"The search for the wreckage and flight data recorders of South African Airways Flight 295 is at 16,000 feet (4,900 m) the deepest successful marine salvage operation to date"

If they find the plane in deep water I can see them recovering the black box. Not sure they would try and recover the whole plane if the flight recorder solves the mystery of why the plane went down. Because even if they could recover the whole plane the cost of recovery could be higher than the cost of the law suits at that point. I am sure it will come down to dollars and cents.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
From Wiki under Marine salvage

"The search for the wreckage and flight data recorders of South African Airways Flight 295 is at 16,000 feet (4,900 m) the deepest successful marine salvage operation to date"

If they find the plane in deep water I can see them recovering the black box. Not sure they would try and recover the whole plane if the flight recorder solves the mystery of why the plane went down. Because even if they could recover the whole plane the cost of recovery could be higher than the cost of the law suits at that point. I am sure it will come down to dollars and cents.

they did try to recover almost all of the Air France flight. i would assume they would do the same for MH370.

zPipes

Established Member
Man that would be rough for people, to know where the bodies were but not get them back. Some people have very strong feelings, if not most, about proper burials and such, not to mention religions.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Looking at and article earlier, it amazes me how many people this plane is actually at Diego Garcia, reasoning being that IBM Exec that was on the flight apparently "knows some military computer program, and they didn't want him going to china."

He's been in ****ing Europe for a year already working in china.

SVTORANGE

Established Member
Looking at and article earlier, it amazes me how many people this plane is actually at Diego Garcia, reasoning being that IBM Exec that was on the flight apparently "knows some military computer program, and they didn't want him going to china."

He's been in ****ing Europe for a year already working in china.

Very interesting!

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member

They are now reporting that the pinger detection is at 14,800 feet deep (2.8 miles)!!!
The Titanic was found at 12,500 feet, so if this is the plane it's incredibly deep.

Users who are viewing this thread