Mammoth KB 2.8 Results

Antex

quantum entanglement
Established Member
Results? Yes the results are in plus data comparisons between the 2.6L, 2.8HO, and now the Mammoth 2.8. Don't ask me how I went from a lil old ham & egg'er bracket racer with an upper only unported eaton to having now owned 3 top notch Kenne Bell's....:stars:

All Dyno results are/have been on Evolution Performance's Mustang Dyno, all tuning has been done by Jon Lund, no other changes except the blowers.

After staring at the mammoth inlet, TB, & 4.5" tubing the first thing Jon did was add fuel, lots of fuel. This thing was leaning out at idle...lol We started out with the 3.75/4 combo and found this produced 21.7lbs of boost, 20 deg timing, & 11.5 a/f (I'm pretty sure I've got the timing & a/f in range, will correct if off). Here is where we could've stopped because the numbers were better than the 2.6L 610/629 @ 22.8 boost, 11.8 a/f, & 23'ish timing, it also was better HP wise than the 2.8H 702/706 @ 25.8 boost, 11.8 a/f, & 22.5 timing. The Mammoth numbers were 718/651.

Next pull we went with the 3.5/4 combo, this produced 23.9 boost, 22 timing, 11.6 a/f = 748/691. Final combo change to 3.25/4 gave 26.5 boost, 22 timing, 11.6 a/f = 759/722. All corrected Mustang Dyno numbers.

IAT2 temps all were in the 104-114 range, and I'm still using the prefab IC box.

Mammothenginebay.jpg

A Big Thanks goes out to Jon Lund@Lund Racing, Evolution Performance - their bays are always full with GT 500's & Cobra's, Jason@CSS(trbovnm), and Bill@BillsAutoPerformance (wiseguy) for rebuilding the T-56 and keeping 'er going.

Last edited:

Venimus03

Established Member
:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:, and your going to be in the 10.50 index next weekend, might have to change that now!!! LOL, can't wait to see it run.

Last edited:

Evolution

Established Member
The new setup is definitely a monster; and should easily propel the car into the 9's with full interior and IRS.......

Jon Lund did an incredible job, there are reasons why people come from all over the country to have him tune their car, remember that when deciding on a TUNER...

I will have the video posted on Monday!

Fred
Evolution Performance, Inc.
www.evoperform.com

roush24

Established Member
Definetly sick #'s for sure. Congrats on the new blower and new #'s man.

Where are you racing that beast on saturday? capitol? does the maca have something going on that i missed???

Users who are viewing this thread