Man I love cold weather!

Corner-Carver

The Voice of Reason
Established Member
Second gear, roll into the throttle... HOP HOP HOP HOP! All with a CAI and Mac CB.

Can't wait until I do the chip/pulley combo... and DR's and MM IRS bushings, and...:rockon:

Surfnerv89

Fast?... Kinda
Established Member
Yeah, it's awesome. It got down to 40 degrees here in Fl. and I was just breaking loose in second. I'm gone stock. I was following my brother and he started spinning in 3rd, going 30 mph. ( intake, exhaust, chip, pulley)

Corner-Carver

The Voice of Reason
Established Member
Originally posted by maoun
just don't break that rear end!

As soon as it hops, I'm outta the throttle. I saw what that did to my '99 Cobra.:bash:

I honestly belive that why some guys break halfshafts and some guys don't. The hopping "stress cracks" the shaft and makes it alot easier to break at a later date. Of course, no data, just my feelings.;-)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I've given up on any traction in first and second gear now that the outside temps are in the 30s and 40s.

1time

Established Member
THESE BLOWERS LOVE THAT COLD AIR BUT TRACTION IS PRETTY SCAREY

Silver 03 Cobra

I live in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge here in NC and it was 30 degrees when I left work. On the way home on a two lane with a paved divider I met an M3 that has been showing his ass around me a couple of times and making these smart ass clown faces. He passed me a few weeks ago on the same road on a double yellow line going well over 100 in a 35 zone. It was dark and he came out of nowhere. He must have been in a store and saw me pass. This was the first time I ever saw him. When he cut in he almost clipped my front end. I started to go after him not to race but to have a talk about a dental plan. But I figured it wasn't worth it. So when I met him yesterday he started putting on that big shit eating grinm when he saw me coming. I was running about 40 in second. I mashed on the throttle just to spin the tires a little. I put on BFG 315 KD's a few weeks ago and have been real easy on it since. To my surprise instead of the quiet spin you get with F1's, the KD's let out a howl like a siren as the rear end rode out a little to the right. The clown boys jaw dropped. All the way home I pulled boost. Not sure how much power you pick up over your SAE dyno pulls but I bet at 30 degrees it would be 30-40 HP. If you dyno 460 SAE, then on a 30 degree day your actual HP may be closer to 500. Man I need one more crack on a 1/4.

EatonEggbeater

You tried to rob WHAT?
Established Member
The big problem is as the HP rises from temperature, the traction goes down, here in VA.

I love the cold too, but if 1'st and second were bad before, they're worthless now.

And 3'rd is starting to get marginal...(fun, though!)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wait till hotter weather comes. We'll be wondering what happened to our motors. You laugh, but it's true. :)

Copperhead

"Cover me, Porkins!"
Established Member
Wait till hotter weather comes. We'll be wondering what happened to our motors. You laugh, but it's true.

See...that's why we should all do a small shot of nitrous ;-)

Then you could have your warm weather traction AND your cold weather performance at the same time!

THE FLASH

"Mr. Sulu, Warp factor 3"
Established Member
I love it also. The car feels like a totaly different car.....bring on the vipers! I feel like I can take anything on the street or at the track! LOL Bring on the Hemi!

JC

saadcobra

Be away from me
Established Member
Here the temperatures can reach 50 degrees Celsius in summer may be more:(

Users who are viewing this thread