Man I miss the Whine

Shanezam203

Established Member
VettenCobra7-vi.jpg

I just wanted to check in and say Hello. I sold my Cobra a few years ago and recently I bought a c6. I love it, but I miss the Supercharger. ;-)

I miss the throttle responsiveness of the blown car, the Vette is such a nice car but the Cobra was so much fun to drive. :banana:

:coolman:Shane

AaronK

Established Member
There's nothing like driving a Cobra. C6's are great cars though. I was debating on switching like you did, but I was worried I'd miss it too much.

SLEEPERSTATUS

Banned
i just dont see how people pay that much when you can get a cobra and invest 10,000 and still be at 35,000 with a car that would blow the doors off that vette anyday anywhere

M240Bravo

Established Member
You miss the whine, I'm in Iraq and can't find any good videos to make me feel happy in the pants!

I miss my cobra.:(

Shanezam203

Established Member
i just dont see how people pay that much when you can get a cobra and invest 10,000 and still be at 35,000 with a car that would blow the doors off that vette anyday anywhere

I always wanted a Corvette, so I got one. I knew it would be a completly different car than the Cobra, but it's still fun to drive.

I still say, bang for your buck the Cobra and the Lightning are hard to beat. I had those 2, so I got the Vette.

I just miss the Supercharger and the throttle responsiveness of the Cobra.

:burnout: Shane

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

The two cars are very different. People move to the Corvette for reasons other than power. As much as I loved my '03 Cobra, I'd take my son-in-law's 2006 Z-06 in a heartbeat for overall fun and engineering. It is a blast to drive all day. For off the line grunt, my Cobra made me smile the most. It's just hard to really compare the two cars so it's easy to see why any one person would prefer one over the other depending on what they're looking for.

Shanezam203

Established Member
The two cars are very different. People move to the Corvette for reasons other than power. As much as I loved my '03 Cobra, I'd take my son-in-law's 2006 Z-06 in a heartbeat for overall fun and engineering. It is a blast to drive all day. For off the line grunt, my Cobra made me smile the most. It's just hard to really compare the two cars so it's easy to see why any one person would prefer one over the other depending on what they're looking for.

Hey Bob, hope you are doing well. You still have your Cobra?
Good news is a friend of mine has a Lightning, and the other an 03 Cobra each modded like mine. :banana: So we can trade.

I love the Vette, it is an 05, 6 speed. It is stock, just intake. I don't want to do much to it, but I'd love for it to be quicker. :burnout:

It is such a nice drive, just not nearly as much Torque as the Supercharged cars. But it is a nice car.
:coolman:Shane

Users who are viewing this thread