Manifold?

blwnmstc

Established Member
So iv have my blower on my 96 cobra for a couple months now. When i first go tuned it would bog a little bit at about 3200rmp and loose power at 6k rpm. My tunner said to change the spark blug wires. So i did and it went away for a while couple weeks and then started doing it again. when it started doing it again, i checked for a vacum leak and made sure the pipes to the blower were on tight. While the car was on i sprayed some break clean on the upper and lower manifold and when i sprayed it on the lower the idle completly changed. Right before i put the blower on i replaced the upper and lower manifold gaskest because one of them was leaking, so i checked to make sure everything was on tight. My questions is, is it possible that the lower manifold is warped? or maybe the IMRCs? has this ever happen to anyone. Any info would be greats, thanx

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
Do you have IMRC deletes? If running deletes the only way I see them being warped is if the shaft holes were welded shut. This could have made the IMRC plates warp if that is the case.

blwnmstc

Established Member
Do you have IMRC deletes? If running deletes the only way I see them being warped is if the shaft holes were welded shut. This could have made the IMRC plates warp if that is the case.
It dosent have IMRC delets. Also forgot to mention that i am not running a intercooler and its never over heated and i saying this because its a common thing for the 96.

blwnmstc

Established Member
Sprayed as in checked for leaks by spraying dome brake clean or carb cleaner on the sealing surfaces.
Ok i got u, i sprayed it after i replaced the gasket and it did have a little leave, so i took everything appart, cleaned the gaskets, IMRCs and manifold to make sure there was not dust. I put it back together and sprayed break cleaner to cheak for leaks and the idle didnt change.

Users who are viewing this thread