Manly upkeep.

Last

Established Member
In light of the other male grooming threads, who here gets shaved at the barber or uses a safety razor?

thepizz

OP is a good person
Established Member
Nothing beats a hot towel and a straight razor shave at the barber. I don't do it daily but when my barber cuts my hair, I get a shave too. I go every other Tuesday. The other days I shave home in the shower. I need the steam to relax my face.

bluebosss197

im did asbestos i can
Established Member
I use a single blade safety from time to time on special occasions. I break out the sandalwood lather soap, a vintage old spice mug and my hog bristle brush to go with it. Usually I'm lazy and use a beard trimmer.

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
I got a hot towel and straight razor shave when my wife and I took a cruise for our honeymoon.

Never had another once since, but damn was it nice.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
I shave with whatever free Gilette razor a ton of us got with that free promo site that was posted.

And I use my body wash to shave with. But it's only the lower portion of my neck that I shave.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Im a big boy i can shave on my own. Otherwise id be paying a barber 2x a week and **** that.

Mach3 or ProGlide ftw.

Last

Established Member
Im a big boy i can shave on my own. Otherwise id be paying a barber 2x a week and **** that.

Mach3 or ProGlide ftw.

Well I'm glad your a big boy and can shave all by yourself! When your ready to be a man learn to wet shave with a straight razor. ;)

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
No pubs, no arm pit hair, due to me having serious BO problems, and no chest hair, personal preference. I have all of my leg and arm hair.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I go to a salon full of women.

I shave at home.

HaHa, me too. I am going for a haircut today. Years ago I went to a barber and always got a nice straight razor shave. I miss that! Very hard to find barbers locally nowadays, and not all of them do the shaves. I occasionally use a safety razor, but 90% of the time I use a Braun electric shaver. I will admit that nothing beats a blade. Electric is just faster.

keith89

Established Member
Been using a straight razor for just over a year now. I got tired of buying expensive razor catridges and shaving cream. a chunk of shaving soap lasts almost a year and replaceable blades are maybe $3-5 for 120(replace every 2 or 3 days). Saves a lot of money every year.

The first month was rough with a steep learning curve and lots of cuts but it shaves a lot closer. It does take twice as long to shave compared to a normal multibladed razor though.

motorider228

Established Member
I've never had a straight razor shave. I have to shave 5 days a week as well, so I just use a mach 3 and some edge shave gel.

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
Am I the only pussy that's scared to have a straight razor to the throat?

Especially if it's another individual doing the shave.

Last edited:

Blown 89

Established Member
I've never tried it. My barber keeps telling me I should try it but I can't justify the cost. Is it really that much better than shave gel and a store bought razor?

Last

Established Member
I've never tried it. My barber keeps telling me I should try it but I can't justify the cost. Is it really that much better than shave gel and a store bought razor?

Yes, and the cost is only up front. In the long run you'll save money. But there is a learning curve and it is all about technique. Never go against the grain, and never apply pressure.

Users who are viewing this thread