Manual transmission options

jaxbusa

Established Member
My TR 3650 has been making a lot of noise at idle and has been hard to shift on the one to two for some time now. And now that I put the supercharger on it has been on my mind. I would love a 6 speed, but it will cost more than the blue book value of the car. I guess I’m having massive sticker shock at manual transmission options. Does anyone have any experience with a stronger rebuilt 3650, any other options or ideas? The car has 400 hp but might have more when I get around to the engine parts.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

jaxbusa

Established Member
If anyone has had a built up 3650, how did you like it? Was it worth it?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Sluggie24

Established Member
Parts for those are pricey and if you go through the trouble to pull it out and tear it down might as well rebuild it right which would add cost.

If it were me, i would tear it down to look at everything so I would know exactly what's worn/bad and order those parts along with all the bearings. Then send out all the internals to get cryo hardened which will almost double the strength of the parts. Then put it back together and enjoy a trans that can handle the power you have.

If you don't know how to work on transmissions you might be able to find someone in your area that might be able to build it for you on the side cheap.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Good info and recommendation @Sluggie24 posted. I especially agree with his recommendation to consider tearing it down to see exacting what you're working with, wear wise.

Users who are viewing this thread