Marauder Cent. Supercharger

MI2QWK4U

Motor City Marauders
Established Member
VenomShock said:
can the stock bottom end of the marauder handle a roots blower?

Yes Venom,
My motor is bone stock internally. I was pushing 525 RWHP and Lidio and I backed it down a little bit, but it runs strong and has been living around and above the 500 Rwhp level for over 2 years. At this time we settled on staying in the 510-515 rwhp level, for now. I have plans on pushing it to 550 rwhp level and be even safer than I am now.

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
I think that the thing to consider is weather or not you want your Marauder to be a daily driver using only 93 octane pump gas, or a race car/occassionaly driven street brawler that has to be run on race gas. My Marauder is Trilogy equipped (ie. roots S/Cer) and runs all day long on the street as well as at the dragstrip on puimp gas alone, and the factory stock bottom end is fine after puting 30,000 supercharged miles on it (41,000 miles total) at the 400 RWHP mark. That's with the standard Trilogy 9.5 PSI pulley and Kooks long tube headers.

I have the best of both worlds with this car. It's literally my daily transportation to work and back (even in the snow) and it runs consistent low 12's at the dragstrip. And ALL on pump gas alone. When you get past the 450 RWHP mark, you'll need race gas to avoid engine damaging detonation. And that's okay if you only drive the car once per week. But paying $6 per gallon for race gas for a daily driven car will get old real quick. So it depends on how you use the car, and what you're looking to do with it. My Marauder is my only means of transportation, so I don't want to have to use race gas. And 400 HP to the wheels is enough for a daily driver as far as I'm concerned.

And BTW, I agree with the theory of a heavy car like the Marauder being better suited with a roots S/Cer.

Users who are viewing this thread