Marine E2 base Infantry Pay

7.62x51

Established Member
Hello,

My brother is DEP'd in and could ship within the next month. He is married, will be going in as E2 into the USMC as rifleman (0311)

The recruiter told him he will be getting roughly $1600/month for pay, and ANOTHER $1600/month for housing because he is married. Does this sound legit? Seems a bit high but thats what he told me.

Anyways just curious,

thanks

2004YellowMach1

Established Member
No matter what job you have, your going to get paid the same as everyone else in that rank. Your pay is determined by a few factors; time in service, time in your current pay grade, dependents and such. Basic Allowance Housing(BAH or money for off base living) pay is determined by the area your stationed in and the local cost of living. Hope this helps and if not, google 2011 Marine Corps Pay Chart. But, note all the pay on those charts are before tax.

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
does sound kinda high I only got about 800 bucks a month while i was an e2 in the navy but that was back in 1995. Not sure about the housing

fire_4_effect

Motorsports = Expensive!
Established Member
No matter what job you have, your going to get paid the same as everyone else in that rank. Your pay is determined by a few factors; time in service, time in your current pay grade, dependents and such. Basic Allowance Housing(BAH or money for off base living) pay is determined by the area your stationed in and the local cost of living. Hope this helps and if not, google 2011 Marine Corps Pay Chart. But, note all the pay on those charts are before tax.

:thumbsup:

usmcrebel

Established Member
sounds about right to me. being stationed somewhere determines alot into that, E-2 pay blows.

AlanSVT

Established Member
umm lets see according to the military pay chart for 2010...

A E-2 with less then 2 yrs makes 1622. and depending on your brothers wifes zip code is what the BAH is going to be.

AlanSVT

Established Member
now for some of the other guys....

E-1 with less than 4 months of service 1339 usually thats what most people would get when entering basic..

2004YellowMach1

Established Member
now for some of the other guys....

E-1 with less than 4 months of service 1339 usually thats what most people would get when entering basic..

Everyone is an E1 (Private) when they go to boot camp. If he was guaranteed E2, he will pick that up and rate the pay as soon as he graduates boot camp. All others will have to wait 6 months after graduation in order to pick up.

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
Everyone is an E1 (Private) when they go to boot camp. If he was guaranteed E2, he will pick that up and rate the pay as soon as he graduates boot camp. All others will have to wait 6 months after graduation in order to pick up.

Now maybe the marines is different than the army but I came in an E2, got E2 pay and everything, didnt have to graduate first. If your garunteed a rank you should come in as that rank.

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
Now maybe the marines is different than the army but I came in an E2, got E2 pay and everything, didnt have to graduate first. If your garunteed a rank you should come in as that rank.

What he said...

In the Army you can come in as an E-3 and go through basic as a PFC.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
What he said...

In the Army you can come in as an E-3 and go through basic as a PFC.

Well this guy didnt go into the army, so he will go through basic as an E1, potentially picking up before graduation through other means, but most likely picking up immediately after.

Here is the 2010 pay chart:
2010 Military Pay Chart

This link can tell you the BAH rates based on zip code:
Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH)

blackfang

Established Member

IIRC he will still get paid the pay rate of a PFC during his time at recruit training. I can't remember though being I came in as a PFC in 1994 so it may have changed since then. Either way he will be a recruit.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I went in as a contract PFC and I do believe I was getting paid as a PFC although you're not officially that rank until you graduate.

I had a couple friends that were married while they were still PFCs and they were making considerably more. My one friend was making more in one paycheck than I made in a month being married and having one child. He was making about $1,600 a paycheck vs my $650. It certainly pays to be married in the military.

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
I went in as a contract PFC and I do believe I was getting paid as a PFC although you're not officially that rank until you graduate.

I had a couple friends that were married while they were still PFCs and they were making considerably more. My one friend was making more in one paycheck than I made in a month being married and having one child. He was making about $1,600 a paycheck vs my $650. It certainly pays to be married in the military.

This. Convenience marriages FTMFW

Users who are viewing this thread