Marines!?

Hawk1680

Established Member
All of those who have served our country no matter what service. Let us all hear some stories, pictures, quotes, and your rank. Thanks, im shipping out in July for Camp P, San Diego. Semper Fidelis!!!

Sailing2Smth

Smooth Ass Sailor
Established Member
Oh shit, time to break out my bag of Sea Stories:rolling:
PM me when your done with boot camp, then we'll talk......otherwise, I commend you for your enlistment and good luck! You'll do fine, just keep your mouth shut, do as your told, and keep your shit straight.

Big 8

Established Member
Well no real stories! I served in the Army. I was first 11B1p with the Airborne Infantry. I was upgraded to a 13F with a Pathfinder unit ( forward observer)still with the airborne inf. I served in the gulf in 90/91 and later went to a reserve National Guard unit. The 19SFG. I did the 18B ( weapons NCO) course and then took a couple active duty assignments. Spent time as an NCO liason in Belgium this was for NATO field operations. I also spent a few months in East Africa and North Africa monitoring UN operations etc. Mostly reports paper pushing crap! Thats why I am always defending the French on this site!

The only thing I could tell you Is. It was the first time in my life I couldnt sleep in till I wanted and I didnt have a fridge! That takes some getting use to!

Hawk1680

Established Member
My MOS is logistics right now. However i might push my ship date up, and this could (I hope) open up some more opportunities for me.

roushcobra2003

Established Member
Im going to the Air Force Acadamy in colorado, im trying to be a fighter pilot maybe F-15/F-16 And hopefully F-22 that would be sweet

Bryon

Established Member
Originally posted by roushcobra2003
Im going to the Air Force Acadamy in colorado, im trying to be a fighter pilot maybe F-15/F-16 And hopefully F-22 that would be sweet

Nice. The academies are not easy to get into. Was your nomination Presidential, VP or Senate?

Bryon

Established Member
Originally posted by NoviceSEAL
All of those who have served our country no matter what service. Let us all hear some stories, pictures, quotes, and your rank. Thanks, im shipping out in July for Camp P, San Diego. Semper Fidelis!!!

OK, here you go. I was set with a Senate nomination to Annapolis, turned it down because I didn't want to be stuck on campus for a year (ya, I was STUPID..lol). I started college, dropped out and moved into a place above a bar in Santa Cruz. Started doing lots of drugs, went broke and wandered to the Army recruiters office higher than a kite. Watched the videos to choose a job and saw some clown walking in the woods wearing a baseball cap. I said "Hey, that looks easy, I can do that!" My recruiter laughed and said "That's a Ranger." My response: "So, like I would take care of animals and stuff?" He laughed and signed me up. 1 week later (after I went home and made a bong out of the promotional water bottle he gave me) I arrived in Georgia for basic, AIT, Airborne and RIP. Everyone in basic said "You signed up for WHAT? Do you even know what Rangers do?" I still didn't at that time. lol

I know it's not the usual story of how someone got into the military or Special Operations, but oh well. :shrug: Good luck and don't sweat it. Basic training is actually really easy. You'll have fun.

Sailing2Smth

Smooth Ass Sailor
Established Member
Re: Re: Marines!?

Originally posted by Bryon
OK, here you go. I was set with a Senate nomination to Annapolis, turned it down because I didn't want to be stuck on campus for a year (ya, I was STUPID..lol). I started college, dropped out and moved into a place above a bar in Santa Cruz. Started doing lots of drugs, went broke and wandered to the Army recruiters office higher than a kite. Watched the videos to choose a job and saw some clown walking in the woods wearing a baseball cap. I said "Hey, that looks easy, I can do that!" My recruiter laughed and said "That's a Ranger." My response: "So, like I would take care of animals and stuff?" He laughed and signed me up. 1 week later (after I went home and made a bong out of the promotional water bottle he gave me) I arrived in Georgia for basic, AIT, Airborne and RIP. Everyone in basic said "You signed up for WHAT? Do you even know what Rangers do?" I still didn't at that time. lol

I know it's not the usual story of how someone got into the military or Special Operations, but oh well. :shrug: Good luck and don't sweat it. Basic training is actually really easy. You'll have fun.

:eek: :eek:
You're fuggin kidding me!

GoatDaddy

btw, I was Air Farce. I rode around the golf courses in a cart, picking up trash with one of those pointy stick stabber-type thingies.

Bryon

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Marines!?

Originally posted by Sailing2Smth
:eek: :eek:
You're fuggin kidding me!

LOL..nope. That's the truth. I couldn't have made that up if I tried. :D :beer:

Bryon

Established Member
And BTW, have I mentioned that snail50 is the main reason I come to this site? He has the best posts, EVER. lmao!

spinscan

Established Member
I will be honest. I enlisted in the AF in 1965 so I wouldn't be drafted.
My father was an Army lifer so I knew I didn't want any part of it.

The Marines at that time were being used as cannon fodder. They were actually drafting guys into the Marines back then. I don't know if that has happened before or since.

I don't like ships so the Navy was out. That left the AF. I served the majority of my time in Wakkanai, Japan. It was a frozen hell hole.

My father put in 3 tours in Nam, so I don't feel bad about joining the AF to keep from being drafted.

Serving in the AF was the best thing I ever did. I grew up, got my education paid for and made several good friends who are still friends after almost 40 years. Damn, I'm old.

usmcmach1

Established Member
I am a mechanic on K/C- 130's, the best place is the airwing, you'll find that out about field week in boot camp when your living out of an alice pack thats older than you.

Bryon

Established Member
Originally posted by usmcmach1
I am a mechanic on K/C- 130's, the best place is the airwing, you'll find that out about field week in boot camp when your living out of an alice pack thats older than you.

LOL...my old roomate is currently on a 9 month rotation in Afghanistan with SF, living out of his rucksack the ENTIRE time! Poor bastard....

Users who are viewing this thread