Marines!?

roushcobra2003

Established Member
Originally posted by Bryon
Nice. The academies are not easy to get into. Was your nomination Presidential, VP or Senate?
Yup it was senate i forgot who it was lol i have a short term memory i bet im going to drop out or something but i hope it doesnt come to that. But all my teacher that i ever had in hs wrote letter to the acadamy and blah blah blah that i was a good student and good physical shape blah blah.

roushcobra2003

Established Member
Originally posted by Bryon
LOL...my old roomate is currently on a 9 month rotation in Afghanistan with SF, living out of his rucksack the ENTIRE time! Poor bastard....
LOL OMG my bro is going to afgan he in sf i think para rescue he helped save jessica lynch in iraq with that marines

gyacopetti

Super Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
Originally posted by roushcobra2003
Im going to the Air Force Acadamy in colorado, im trying to be a fighter pilot maybe F-15/F-16 And hopefully F-22 that would be sweet

Thats pretty bad ass. I didn't have the grades to get into the Air Force Academy so I'll probably go to a UC or state school, major in engineering and hopefully transfer to the Academy. I would love to fly the F-16. This summer, I am going to take my ground school and try to get my pilots liscense while im away at college. Good luck, hope everything works out. And dont drop out, you have a great opportunity to make something happen at that school.

EDIT: Im an idiot

Last edited:

GoatDaddy

Originally posted by gyacopetti
Thats pretty bad ass. I didn't have the grades to get into the Air Force Academy so I'll probably go to a UC or state school, major in engineering and hopefully transfer to the Academy. I would love to fly the F-18. This summer, I am going to take my ground school and try to get my pilots liscense while im away at college. Good luck, hope everything works out. And dont drop out, you have a great opportunity to make something happen at that school.

The Air Farce doesn't have F18s. I think they belong to United or something like that. Maybe Southwest?

GoatDaddy

When the navy sees that you have that kind of talent, they'll give you a full ride...and maybe a scholarship too.

F18s are badass, but the A10 is the beast of beasts.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I have TWO DD214s (someday you'll learn what that is and count the days til you get one)

...don't push up your ship date, change your MOS IMHO.

And yes, you want to swing with the wing.

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by usmcmach1
I am a mechanic on K/C- 130's, the best place is the airwing, you'll find that out about field week in boot camp when your living out of an alice pack thats older than you.
That was my first choice and I ended up working on Hornets. I rode to Japan and back a in a KC-130 and a KC-10 a couple of times.

Another vote for swing with the wing.:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread