mark viii fan

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I believe @MalcolmV8 posted pictures on installing one. Its really not difficult though.

I ended up getting mine from a junkyard, theres no source Im aware of for new replacements.

rrpederson

lookin 4 parts
Established Member
Like most things in the car hobby, this one upgrade won't have the huge benefit alone. I just installed one in my Cobra yesterday. That will make two installs I've done. I put one in the last turbo cobra I had. Anyway, you have to attack the problem from more than one angle. Slowing the build up of heat, and also removing heat. If both of your angles of attack are effective, then your car runs cool in the worst of street driving conditions. I can't offer much insight on the road racing side of it, but if you need help getting your car running cooler on the street or want info on installing a Mark VIII fan feel free to PM me.

Oh, one more thing, I bought both my fans from a seller on Ebay that goes by the handle GTpitcrew. The fans they have for sale are absolutely top notch quality. They hand pick only the best running units with the best condition brushes in the motor. The thing about the Mark VIII fan, is while they are highly effective and sought after for this quality, they were designed by ford to be somewhat disposable. The motors are riveted into the shrouds and were not designed to be rebuilt. So this is why the brush condition is very important. Thats why i selected GTpitcrew. They are the only source I have found that actually inspects the motor brushes for length and condition. The longer and better condition the brushes, the longer you fan will run. They remove the unit, test, inspect and detail clean each unit. They will also list in the description of each unit, the approximate remaining brush life of each one. So they don't use a generic description for each fan. These guys also go the extra mile with shipping. Each unit is packed exceptionally well. They charge a bit more than just about everyone else, but the extra money guarantees long service from the unit.

GodStang

Established Member
who has installed one and had a write up/details.
and.....anyone have one for sale?

thanks!

Just remember if you have an aftermarket Radiator depending on which one the fan may not fit. I sadly could not get the fan to fit in my car so I am using my fan for a Fox body build.

Steve23

Established Member
Can someone just give me a quick overview on the Mark VIII fan install of where it is installed and it's purpose, besides lowering temperatures? Is this an additional fan to be added on to our stock 1?

Sent from my SM-G935T using the svtperformance.com mobile app

01yellercobra

Established Member
Can someone just give me a quick overview on the Mark VIII fan install of where it is installed and it's purpose, besides lowering temperatures? Is this an additional fan to be added on to our stock 1?

Sent from my SM-G935T using the svtperformance.com mobile app
It replaces the stock one completely. It mounts in the same spot.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread