Marti Reports

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
So buddha u think there are at least 355 secret cobras running around? maybe Santa Clause ordered them and Ford was supposed to keep them a secret, till now , Marti let the cat out of the bag? oh and im just kidding but the numbers aint right, so they have to be counting more than cobras

Last edited:

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
so Marti is adding 540 red painted cars, and 355 of those added have grey cloth interior so there is 185 added cars red with other interior type

buddha93

Established Member
So buddha u think there are at least 355 secret cobras running around? maybe Santa Clause ordered them and Ford was supposed to keep them a secret, till now , Marti let the cat out of the bag? oh and im just kidding but the numbers aint right, so they have to be counting more than cobras

Agreed, there is something else in the mix. My only question is what?

Like I said over on your site, I'd like to see some reports from the Teal and Black cars to see how those numbers size up.

svt2205

Established Member
I guess you guys really aren't too familiar with Kevin's reports. They are well known and well respected documents in the eyes of vintage Mustang enthusiasts/owners. They are as accurate as Ford's database is/was. The information regarding the statistics have always been based on your vehicles specific against all of the Mustangs built in that model year.

So, Yes those numbers are correct.

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
I am familiar with the reports , just thought they could narrow the specs down a lil. If they have fords 93 mustang data , which im sure they do, then they have all the cobra info. so i would think they would say you r car is #2205 of 4993 cobras built of which 415 had your your color / trim options, or that the sticker price of your car was $20,381

buddha93

Established Member
I guess you guys really aren't too familiar with Kevin's reports. They are well known and well respected documents in the eyes of vintage Mustang enthusiasts/owners. They are as accurate as Ford's database is/was. The information regarding the statistics have always been based on your vehicles specific against all of the Mustangs built in that model year.

So, Yes those numbers are correct.

Actually, I'm very familiar with them. As I stated, his stuff is the gospel with Ford stuff. My only question is what cars are added to the mix, as I don't know of any cars other than the Cobra that carry the ES/EY paint code that year.

delvin.a

Established Member
no wonder i never come in here.

Don't be mad, you've gotta admit its pretty ironic that the post before is the owner of the site. I didn't know that he ran that site, it could've just as easily been me :beer:

I'm gonna order one this week, as far as I know mine is a Black/grey leather/tape non sunroof. I've got the letter, the sticker, and the certificate so I might as well get the Marti report. I'll post up numbers once I get it.

mike_b_svt

Top down and cruisin'
Established Member
I don't see what the issue is. 2431 Performance Red cars. 770 Performance Red cars with Opal Gray cloth interior. This isn't a breakdown of Cobra production numbers, it is all Mustangs for that year. For '93, Teal was the "cobra only" color IIRC.

Also, it is listing "Performance Red" as opposed to Vibrant Red. Could be part of the issue ~ Kevin's database may not be quite correct.
If you do think you found a "glitch" in Kevin's software / data, then you can always email him about it. It would not be the first time, and he is always looking to improve his process.

If you want a more detailed breakdown, then you order the Elite report (if it is available). It will break it down until your car comes out as the lowest number possible (ideally "1 of 1", but not realistic for a '93 Cobra due to limited options).

Last edited:

buddha93

Established Member
I don't see what the issue is. 2431 Performance Red cars. 770 Performance Red cars with Opal Gray cloth interior. This isn't a breakdown of Cobra production numbers, it is all Mustangs for that year. Performance Red was not a "cobra only" color. For '93, Teal was the "cobra only" color.

If you want a more detailed breakdown, then you order the Elite report (if it is available). It will break it down until your car comes out as the lowest number possible (ideally "1 of 1", but not realistic for a '93 Cobra due to limited options).

I don't know that I think it's an issue, more of a question of why he didn't follow the formula he's been using for the last 30 years, which did break down the cars to the engine code.

I agree, and I don't think anyone is looking for that 1 of 1 number........too many cars made and the option thing which you mentioned. I personally was looking for the numbers to back up what is already pretty much known, with the possibility of another factor thrown into the mix.

mike_b_svt

Top down and cruisin'
Established Member
I don't know that I think it's an issue, more of a question of why he didn't follow the formula he's been using for the last 30 years, which did break down the cars to the engine code.

He did break it down to the engine code. 5100 with that engine.

buddha93

Established Member
He did break it down to the engine code. 5100 with that engine.

If that is the case, then there are an extra 700 or so Vibrant Red Mustangs running around with a Cobra engine in them. See what I'm getting at?

You start with the large number first, and then narrow it down from there. It's irrelavant I suppose. He's been providing a great service to Ford guys for years, so who am I to judge.:rolling:

mike_b_svt

Top down and cruisin'
Established Member
If that is the case, then there are an extra 700 or so Vibrant Red Mustangs running around with a Cobra engine in them. See what I'm getting at?

You start with the large number first, and then narrow it down from there. It's irrelavant I suppose. He's been providing a great service to Ford guys for years, so who am I to judge.:rolling:

I see what you are saying now. He only does the "largest to smallest" thing on the Elite reports ($220, comes mounted and framed). Deluxe just gives you a taste of where your car falls in the numbers.

Marti Auto Works - Features Summary

From here, you can see that he does a detailed breakdown of your vehicle options in the Elite report.

Users who are viewing this thread