Max throttle angle actual?

robtee

Established Member
Hi Folks,

I've been creeping around these forums for a while and found a lot of excellent information regarding our cars. One thing I cannot figure out.

While doing logs, my "throttle angle actual" has never gone past 76%, even when I put my foot through the floorboard.

I know the tuner isn't limiting it and I checked the pedal itself. Any ideas why this might be reported in the logs?

Thanks

96gt02

Established Member
Weird mine is always 81%, you sure your floor mats arent getting in the way? I take mine out for that reason lol

sleek98

Established Member
It’s not % but rather degrees. I just pulled up my old data logs and they are all 80-81 when doing pulls.

robtee

Established Member
Weird mine is always 81%, you sure your floor mats arent getting in the way? I take mine out for that reason lol
haha I saw that suggestion and tried it with no mats too, same numbers

It’s not % but rather degrees. I just pulled up my old data logs and they are all 80-81 when doing pulls.
To be fair, all my "throttle" values are at the same amount, maxxing between 74-76. If 80-81 is max/normal, what could be causing the difference?

96gt02

Established Member
Maybe it has something to do with throttle body your running? I pulled my old logs from my GT and they show 83 degrees, but my gt500 is 81

merkyworks

Established Member
Just for reference I looked at my logs.
Throttle actual and Throttle desired max out at 81 and run almost exactly the same to each other. Example; at certain points Throttle actual=80.7 while Throttle desired=81 but then they go back to both being 81.

Edit - This is with a VMP twin 67.

robtee

Established Member
What throttle body do you have?
It's just the OEM one. Previous owner had the CJ monoblade but swapped it to stock. Maybe there is an issue with it?
Just for reference I looked at my logs.
Throttle actual and Throttle desired max out at 81 and run almost exactly the same to each other. Example; at certain points Throttle actual=80.7 while Throttle desired=81 but then they go back to both being 81.

Edit - This is with a VMP twin 67.
Yeah mine run pretty close but it lulls then jumps up (see image)
09.13.2018-10.13.png

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
You say, you know the tuner isn't limiting it, but there are parameters in the strategy that do just that. 81* is the maximum allowed in the OEM settings. FWIW, I'm not sure the difference in flow is going to be that significant for 5*. What are the mods your tuner is working with?

sleek98

Established Member
So looking through tune files your tuner could have scaled the max throttle angle down. not sure why they would have though.

robtee

Established Member
You say, you know the tuner isn't limiting it, but there are parameters in the strategy that do just that. 81* is the maximum allowed in the OEM settings. FWIW, I'm not sure the difference in flow is going to be that significant for 5*. What are the mods your tuner is working with?
Haven't done much. O/R X and 2.4 upper really. It's commanded to hit 81* degrees but just wont.
You're right about 5* though. I'm more curious about the lack of smooth increase in * per the screenshot above...

VNMOUS1

Established Member
There's more to it than that on 13-14 cars. There's torque and torque inverse at play in addition to temps, normal torque mitigation, etc

It can take a while. :(

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread