Maxima with Juice only (video)

mechanicvirus

Established Member
Originally posted by NBS4
Was that An LS1 or an LT1 T/A?

As for the Maxima.. Boring

Wow, I can barely respond to that stupidity. 12 seconds is good for a maxima, and obviously you dont know much about speed because everyone doesnt run 12 stock :rolleyes:

rottingtrashcan

Established Member
Originally posted by mechanicvirus
Wow, I can barely respond to that stupidity. 12 seconds is good for a maxima, and obviously you dont know much about speed because everyone doesnt run 12 stock :rolleyes:

true true...maxima's run in the high 16's stock, so to acheive a 12 sec E.T. is impressive.

SHOspazz92

Established Member
Originally posted by rottingtrashcan
true true...maxima's run in the high 16's stock, so to acheive a 12 sec E.T. is impressive.
WTF Are you talking about? Do you realize the New Maxima's are running Mid to low 14's bone stock? a V6 Maxima hasent ran High 16's out of the factory since the Late 80's :rolleyes:

MikeDoom

Dedicated Gamer
Established Member
Every time this clownshoe starts a thread, its some kind of import beating a domestic or just a fast import. I'm down with fast imports, but wtf? A maxima with just a 100 shot? Give me a break. A frickin gt with a 100 shot wont even run this well and (dare i say?) will a pre-03 cobra even run this fast with a 100 shot? The car practically looks (and sounds) like it was trailered to the track. If you're going to show a vid of a fast car (be it an import OR domestic) at least be honest about the mods. Assclown.

Wild Bill

Established Member
It can be done Im sure.I saw a guy in a V6 mustang bolt-ons,100-125shot and slicks hit 12.8.That was at elevation and it was close to 100 degrees.

Jime

Established Member
Originally posted by MikeDoom
The car practically looks (and sounds) like it was trailered to the track. If you're going to show a vid of a fast car (be it an import OR domestic) at least be honest about the mods. Assclown.

I have only owned this car for 3 months and the mods are listed in the video. It was not trailered and never has been and its bone stock on the exterior. It sounds like it should with headers and a straight through muffler.

When I leave the track after changing the muffler and wheels it sounds and drives just like it did stock. (20 mins)

Sorry Mike its just what it says it is. I have only spent $2500 in mods on this car and most of that was the headers, struts and the NX. (1700)

My old car I mentioned earlier is a 95 GXE and it ran 12.1 on a car I paid $4000 for and spent $1700 in mods. It was featured in a 6 page spread of Modified Magazine Oct 03.

Mod.jpg

Last edited:

ForceFed7

Established Member
Jime, thats a beautiful Maxima. I have several friends with Maximas that look nearly stock outside but are shockers in terms of performance. If you are on the Maxima forums, do you know members there by the name SR20DEN and Blubyu?
SR20DEN has a 6 speed 02 i believe and Blubyu has a 02 Auto i think.
Blubyu has run a best of 13.66@100mph with just headers, catback, minor intake mods and pulleys i believe. Oh and this was on 22 inch slicks.
SR20DEN ran a 13.1@107. His timeslip info is posted here:
http://www.forumco.com/undergroundr...c_Title=maxima......&Forum_Title=Street+Smack

The following weekend after he ran the 13.1 he and i bumped them off from a 45 roll and i put 2-3 cars on him. His Maxima is beatiful and looks stock. There's nothing funnier than pulling up next to someone at a light in a shockingly looking stock Maxima and the thing hauls ass when the light turns. Priceless.

Neal

Untouchable
Established Member
hahahahaha trailered hahahahahahahha...

this thread is awesome
Nissans Rule!!!!!

Jime

Established Member
Originally posted by ForceFed7
If you are on the Maxima forums, do you know members there by the name SR20DEN and Blubyu?
SR20DEN has a 6 speed 02 i believe and Blubyu has a 02 Auto i think.
Blubyu has run a best of 13.66@100mph with just headers, catback, minor intake mods and pulleys i believe. Oh and this was on 22 inch slicks.
SR20DEN ran a 13.1@107.

I know Matt and Matt (SR20DEN & Blubyu) quite well on the org. Actually it was them that convinced me to buy the 2k2. I virtually followed what Blu did to his except I put the nitrous on as well.

ForceFed7

Established Member
Originally posted by Jime
I know Matt and Matt (SR20DEN & Blubyu) quite well on the org. Actually it was them that convinced me to buy the 2k2. I virtually followed what Blu did to his except I put the nitrous on as well.

Yup, Matt and Matt are good friends of mine. Both are stand up fellows. After i raced Matt with the Silver Max he called me up a week later and said he did some minor mods to his intake manny and i think wired in a AFC and dyno tuned. If memory serves me correct i think he said he picked up something like 15 extra horsies to the wheels.

And Matt with the Blue Max had nitrous on his at one time. I was at the track when he ran a 12.9@106 or 107 on the bottle. He didn't have a bottle warmer at the time and it was really cold out so he took his bottle out and stuck it in the passenger footwell and cranked the heat on, LOL. Still a 12.9@106 is still impressive despite the low bottle pressure.

I think Blubyu may have gotten his intake manifold done like the other Matts. I know he was talking about it but i don't know if he ever went through with it. Regardless, both cars are sleepers :beer:

MikeDoom

Dedicated Gamer
Established Member
If it truly did run that with just nitrous, then props to the owner. Kinda makes me wonder what a small shot would do to my cobra? Is it running a wet or dry kit?

Jime

Established Member
Originally posted by MikeDoom
If it truly did run that with just nitrous, then props to the owner. Kinda makes me wonder what a small shot would do to my cobra? Is it running a wet or dry kit?

NX Wet

I can tell you what a 35 shot did to both of my cars. The 95 went from a 14.6 N/A to a 13.1 and the 2k2 went from a 13.5 to a 12.9 so if definately is a kick in ass.

Both of these runs were done within minutes of each other with no other changes than just the 35 shot.

Last edited:

screwed

'Round And 'Round I Go
Established Member
Why is everyone so quick to call bullshit on a car? Two people call bs and in the same thread the owner of the car comes on and replies like an adult and provides proof and they then give props. Obviously a couple people don't know what the hell they're talking about.

ib6-ub9

Established Member
Come on guys, its not bs, its all in the 60ft, 1.6 somethin:eek:, obviously the t/a was faster and it had a woppin 2.2 60ft, those maximas are crazy high compression i bet they run pretty well on a little bit of nitrous, kind like the ls1's do and FI cobras do, good driving as well though. He also listed his exhaust mods so i dont see what the deal is :rockon: nice runs and its not like its a beater civic or anything, great car.

Mullet

Established Member
I always knew those new Max's were fast but daamn. And to think I thought my SHO was a good sleeper...I don't know why you guys are giving him a hard time, his car is very fast, and it was done with little money. I will think twice next time i try overtaking one of those out on the street. Rock on man.:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread