May 3rd at cal speedway.

racebronco2

Established Member
I am not sure what garage i have but as soon as i do i'll let you know so that you
can set-up across from me.

One challenge i am going to have is running on those worn out tires, i did get two replaced with old 255 victor racers. Not sure if that is bad or good, i know i'll be sliding around.

whitemustang

Follow the lines
Established Member
One challenge i am going to have is running on those worn out tires, i did get two replaced with old 255 victor racers. Not sure if that is bad or good, i know i'll be sliding around.[/QUOTE]

JUST MEANS THERE WILL BE SOME GOOD VIDEO OF YOU GETTING SIDE WAYS. :thumbsup:

SEE YOU GUYS TOMORROW. I WILL BE THERE AT 7:00 TOO. ALSO HAVE I HAVE A GARAGE SPACE SO I WILL SEE WHERE EVERYONE IS PARKING.

racebronco2

Established Member
I will try and make sure the garages are next to eachother. They the rest can park across from our garages. It will make it much easier to get all of us on track at the same time.

racebronco2

Established Member
For those who missed this event, We had a blast:burnout:. We did two sessions of a 2 by 2 rolling start. People whom we did not know were taking pictures of our start. One of my good friends ( drives a vette) came up to me and said " you guys are having too much fun, can i run with you guys next time".

Picture this 2 cars side by side 4 rows deep with terminators (8 in total), followed by A track prepped foxbody, a sn95, a 99 saleen and last but not least a aix prepped bondurant racecar bringing up the rear. We are going about 40mph, green flag drops the eatons ( 8 of them) are wailing away like never before, heading towards turn 1, some of us go 2 wide while others who know they cannot keep pace back off before turn one. We sort ourselves out and go single file after turn 2. Ooops you need to see the video's. We will try and get them done in a couple of weeks. I will post a teaser video soon.

A few people told me "That start sounded like a squadron of jets taking off":bowdown:

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Raise your fist in resist
Established Member
Carlos,

Thanks for organizing or group for this event today. I had a lot of fun running with everyone in our group. It was a great event and a great facility. A bunch of my family and friends came to watch and everyone enjoyed it. The 2x2 starts were awesome. I cant wait to see all the pictures. I'll post the ones I have soon.

Last edited:

racebronco2

Established Member
Below is the link to the first video. It was my sons first time using the video camera. We got a green flag start but it was a little too late. The second video will take longer cause i need to get video from other people. On these runs my helmet cam would not work. Since we had already had 2 sessions the novices and first timers to this track knew whom the fast guys were. We thought the mystichrome cobra (twin to jimmy's car) would be the fastest car. He was running 305/335 hoosiers and me some old 255 victoracers front and the same worn out mx's in the rear. In his defense his car was locking up the front because his fronts pads really bite. Thanks to everyone that made this event such a success.

[ame="http://videos.streetfire.net/video/MUSTANGS-DOING-A-ROLLING-START-AT-CAL-SPEEDWAY_160075.htm"]MUSTANGS DOING A ROLLING START AT CAL SPEEDWAY - Video[/ame]

whitemustang

Follow the lines
Established Member
I just got confirmation that my rotors were shipped today. :bored:

whitemustang's wife called it.

LOL! That figures, I guess you better order your brake pad now so you get them before next year! HA HA! That company was slow shipping your rotors out but at least the shipping was free.

It was great meeting everyone and a pleasure to drive with you guys!

Good news that some the onboard video and out side video and photos carrie took did download computer :D .

STEVE! If you can email me a good still photo of your car from the track or not. I thought I took one when you where parked but i didn't I have video of the car park but not still shot.

S

whitemustang

Follow the lines
Established Member
Steve's in car video came out great. That mount worked very well.

GREAT TO HERE THAT THE VIDEO ARE COMING OUT.

HERE MY FIRST EDIT LITTLE SAMPLE VIDEO. THE OTHER ONES WILL HAVE MORE CLASSIC AND HEAVY METAL MUSIC WITH THE ON TRACK VIDEO. WHAT SUCKS IS ALL THE TRACK VIDEO ON THE CAR THE AUDIO ALL NOISE FROM THE WIND SO HAVE TO TAKE AUDIO OUT AND ADD MUSIC.

CARRIE ONLY GOT THE LAST ROLLING START WE MISSED THE FIRST ONE(TOOK TO LONG GETTING BACK FROM KRAGEN). I HAVE TO SAY SHE DID A GOOD JOB ON THE ROLLING START. ALL 6 COBRAS SUPERCHARGER ARE LOUD . IT SOUND GREAT.

SHAUN

<embed src="http://videos.streetfire.net/vidiac.swf?video=03500c55-af88-4ddd-8021-9a9300d69063" width="428" height="352" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /><br/><a href="http://videos.streetfire.net/video/10-Cobra--Mustangs-SVT-Performance-at-Track-Day_160138.htm?ref=23c780aa-44eb-46b2-8324-9a9300d11e05">10 Cobra & Mustangs SVT Performance at Track Day </a>

10 Cobra & Mustangs SVT Performance at Track Day

Last edited:

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
Sweet. Looks like a good time was had by everyone.

Was that Carbotech that shipped those pads to you? I am headed there tonight for a plant tour if you want me to provide some feedback to them.

Kevin

LargeOrangeFont

Raise your fist in resist
Established Member
Sweet. Looks like a good time was had by everyone.

Was that Carbotech that shipped those pads to you? I am headed there tonight for a plant tour if you want me to provide some feedback to them.

Kevin

Kevin,

No this was for my rotors. I did not bother ordering the pads yet because it took so long to get the rotors.

racebronco2

Established Member
Carrie did a good job. Can't wait til steve posts a teaser video. The first rolling start was too late. The second was much better.

1svtfan

Shaken, not stirred
Established Member
Carrie did a good job. Can't wait til steve posts a teaser video. The first rolling start was too late. The second was much better.

I'm working on it. I ened up with just under 8GB of HD video. It's more work than I thought :lol1:. I'll try and get something up shortly.

1svtfan

Shaken, not stirred
Established Member
LOL! That figures, I guess you better order your brake pad now so you get them before next year! HA HA! That company was slow shipping your rotors out but at least the shipping was free.

It was great meeting everyone and a pleasure to drive with you guys!

Good news that some the onboard video and out side video and photos carrie took did download computer :D .

STEVE! If you can email me a good still photo of your car from the track or not. I thought I took one when you where parked but i didn't I have video of the car park but not still shot.

S

Will do. I don't have any stills from this trip but I do from our last willow run.

racebronco2

Established Member
I'm working on it. I ened up with just under 8GB of HD video. It's more work than I thought :lol1:. I'll try and get something up shortly.

It is really time consuming. Imagine the video's with the blower sounds that i dubbed in the sound. Sound bits were from 2-6 seconds long. That takes along time.

whitemustang

Follow the lines
Established Member
Carlos thank your son us again for coming out and filming. It was nice of him doing that.

Only bummer I had during the event was that you I never had good run with each other so I don't have any good video of you on the track. I tryed the one time have Chris and you catch up and past me. So have a good video of two going at it and I practice staying up with you two. You pass me good and fast but I timed it wrong with Chris and we lost to much ground then. You where gone. I did get a lot of good video of Chris and was able stay with him. Carlos there always next time. :mj:

motorsportlens photo are up. There is some nice photo of us. Steve there a killer photo of you drifting it. You have to get it. Here a link.
http://pa.photoshelter.com/c/motors...0bn9dibpZrz8%26G_ID%3D&start=341&pagtotal=576

I have no good still of you only two ok shot of you on the track, but good amount of track video.
DSC03866.jpg

DSC03913.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread