May 3rd at cal speedway.

racebronco2

Established Member
Only bummer I had during the event was that you I never had good run with each other so I don't have any good video of you on the track. I tryed the one time have Chris and you catch up and past me. So have a good video of two going at it and I practice staying up with you two. You pass me good and fast but I timed it wrong with Chris and we lost to much ground then. You where gone. I did get a lot of good video of Chris and was able stay with him. Carlos there always next time. :mj:

I couldn't slow down cause i knew chris could out corner me at both ends of the track, i had to put as much ground between us in all the other sections. I do thank not only you but the others for having track awareness to allow me and chris to pass when we were duking it out. As soon as i get some video from you and steve i will try and put together. The second rolling start is better then the first but i need some in car video.

Here is some video from the s2000 guys, it shows some of our cars at about the 2min mark and the exotic group also.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRUNyv-nZao"]YouTube - California Speedway 5/03 morning[/ame]

Last edited:

1svtfan

Shaken, not stirred
Established Member
The Teaser

Here's a short video of me chasing Shaun. I'll try and get more up today.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RudfNtKuwdw"]Chasing down Shaun[/ame]

Last edited:

whitemustang

Follow the lines
Established Member
Cool video Steve. I like if when you start drifting. I hope you have a video of the first heat when you slide through Turn one and two.

Here the video Carrie shot of the 2nd rolling start.
th_MOV03820.jpg

kobra01

Established Member
Thanks guys/gals, I had so much fun. The rollings starts where awesome. I can't believe Carlos was able to set this up for us. Your the man. Extra thanks to our excellent camera guys and shauns wife. Can't wait for full video. Please make me a copy of it on cd. Until the next event everybody take care.

racebronco2

Established Member
Nice video's guys and gals.
Steve, in turn 7 where you got loose is where i had the most problem. I was accused of drifting thru that turn when chris was trying to keep up. I tried to ease on the gas but the rear would get loose and i had to throttle steer/counter steer to stay on track. Unless i took that turn really slow there was no way the rear tires would grip.

1svtfan

Shaken, not stirred
Established Member
Yeah, it wasa handfull. Dropping the air pressure made a huge difference for me. That first run was a handfull.

1svtfan

Shaken, not stirred
Established Member
Two by two start video

Here is the first three laps of the first two by two session.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6EBz8cWpas"]Two by two part one[/ame]

racebronco2

Established Member
Steve the video looked good and real engine sounds:banana: unlike mine.:shrug:

Was that jimmysidecar's car? When did jimmysidecar add an AIX wing?

racebronco2

Established Member
black group, s2000 camera car.

Here is a video posted up by a supercharged 301rwhp s2000 with a wing. It has a couple of us in it.[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb55EJ57Lxo"]YouTube - California Speedway (5-3-08)[/ame]

racebronco2

Established Member
For those who ran in our group, what do you think about having a mustang/s2000 track day. We can have some sort of competition. I have been in contact with the guy (black s2000 with a wing) in the above video. He said it would be a battle between handling and power.:shrug:

whitemustang

Follow the lines
Established Member
I WOULD BE IN ALSO. LOT THOSE S2000 ARE REALLY FAST . I SEEN & READ SOME FAST TIMES AT BUTTONWILLIOW AND STREETS.

CARLOS! THE VIDEO OF THE BLACK S2000 FOLLOWING YOU WAS GREAT . YOU WHERE NOT JOKEING ABOUT THE BACK END GETTING LOOSE IN TURN 7. ALSO LOADED SOME THE VIDEO ON CD YESTERDAY BUT ONE FILE IS TOO LARGE OF THE 2ND RUN TO LOAD ON A CD. I HAVE TO GO BUY A DVD AND TRY TO LOAD ON THAT. SORRY I'M NEW AT THIS.

KEN. CAN SEND YOU COPY JUST EMAIL ME SO CAN GET YOUR ADRESS. WHO EVER ELSE FROM THE GROUP WANTS A COPY. STEVE & CARLOS IF I CAN GET COPY OF YOUR VIDEO THAT LATER ON THAT WOULD BE GREAT.

[email protected]

whitemustang

Follow the lines
Established Member
I FINALLY GOT FINISH WITH THE MOVIE. I LEARN A LOT FROM DOING IT. I ONLY HAVE TWO HEAT WORTH OF ON TRACK VIDEO SO I WAS MANY ONLY FOLLOWING COUPE CARS OR WAS ALONE. ON THE DAY I DID FOLLOW ALMOST EVERY CAR BESIDE CARLOS A COUPLE LAPS TO FILM THEM BUT HEAT 2 AND 5 WAS ERROR WITH THE VIDEO. SO LOST A LOT VIDEO OF US. HOPE YOU GUY LIKE IT. THANKS AGAIN FOR LETTING ME BE APART OF THE GROUP AND I'M LOOK FORWARD MEETING EVERYONE AGAIN. IF ANY ONE WANTS TRACK SIDE PHOTOS. CARRIE TOOK 400 SHOTS. THERE NOTHING LIKE THE MOTORSPORTLEN GUY. BUT THERE PHOTOS OF EVERYONE. HAVE GOOD WEEKEND. SHAUN

[ame=http://videos.streetfire.net/video/44aba0c4-9c86-4154-8a46-9a9800f3ab37.htm]<br>
44aba0c4-9c86-4154-8a46-9a9800f3ab37.jpg
[/ame]<br><br>Click
here to see Video

racebronco2

Established Member
Shaun,
I just received the cd, it sure looks like the mods really helped your car. It looked like you had a slight edge on most of the cars. I'll try and get the cd out to you tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread