Mazda/Ford Technician Question on wifes 2011 Mazda CX-9..HELP

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
Wife has a 2011 CX9 with pretty low mileage…around 37k. Sadly the 3/36k is over 3 months ago lol. It’s a loaded to the hilt Grand Touring if that matters. When looking the doors it has the key fob and the “botton” on the door handle that allows for keyless entry and exit. It doesn’t do it all the time (starting to be 50/50) but when you press the button it locks and then immediately unlocks the door. Same when using key to manually lock from outside. Same for reaching in and flipping the lock botton…it flips right back when you close it. It’s almost like it is denying you on locking the car. My truck as a similar fashion where if you have the keys in the ignition and manual look the doors it unlocks them automatically to keep from locking the keys in the car. Any help? It also has the keyless start feature also.

Cliff notes
2011 CX9 Mazda.
Has keyless entry and exit (as well a start)
Doors refuse to look with Key, fob or door handle botton (for keyless entry)
Changed battery and nothing

HELP!!

dynasty_v6

Established Member
I had a speed6 with a similar system, I had a different issues but I did have a problem with one of the antennas replaced under warranty.

Do you the same problem if you try from a different side of the vehicle. If you don't have a passenger exterior unlock button, try the rear hatch unlock button?

You may have best luck on CX9 forum if such a thing exists...

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Im guessing its a transponder issue or a SJB issue. Most of the time the antenna is damaged and or the relay in the SJB can be damaged. It could also be the key.

Best bet is to take it to Mazda and have them diagnose it. This will most likely need to be done by a dealer who has the PDS/IDS/GDS(whatever is the new FMC diag software.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
Im guessing its a transponder issue or a SJB issue. Most of the time the antenna is damaged and or the relay in the SJB can be damaged. It could also be the key.

Best bet is to take it to Mazda and have them diagnose it. This will most likely need to be done by a dealer who has the PDS/IDS/GDS(whatever is the new FMC diag software.

yeah thats what I was affraid of. From looking online it looks the the smart key can be problematic. Sad to think I have to pay out of pocket for a car with barely 37k miles lol.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
yeah thats what I was affraid of. From looking online it looks the the smart key can be problematic. Sad to think I have to pay out of pocket for a car with barely 37k miles lol.

those transponder keys suck. they can still be stolen but they make it a pain for the consumer. any way you go you will have to have the new module, transponder or SJB info transferred over using an IDS/PDS/GDS.

Zemedici

Established Member

you could always ask for some warranty assistance from mazda/ford. I did that a few times, when a customer's barely out of 3/36, ford will sometimes step in and assist a bit (if not all) to help keep the customer happy. Worth a shot. :beer:

SHOdown220

Established Member
you could always ask for some warranty assistance from mazda/ford. I did that a few times, when a customer's barely out of 3/36, ford will sometimes step in and assist a bit (if not all) to help keep the customer happy. Worth a shot. :beer:

I would try this. Tell them the problem has been on going but you haven't had a chance to get to a dealer, they might let it slide to keep you happy. I just dropped my focus off to get a few items fixed, it has 35,950 miles lol. Was worried I wasn't going to get it in there in time

Users who are viewing this thread