MBRP Street Catback

MD03SVT

Established Member
Installed a FRPP resonator delete x pipe on my 2015 GT A6 and got a little change in sound and then decided to go with a MBRP Cat back Street version with H-Pipe .First of all I must say that this piece is a work of art excellent quality and finish and I love the 4.5'' tailpipes.Installation was a snap Nice deep sound no drone on the highway and gotta love those A6 sport mode downshifts.

sloppymax

Established Member
Just to get another opinion, how harsh are the cold starts? I know sound will be lessened with the warm weather but just trying to gauge if I can get away with this at 5:30 am.

wickedsvt2002

Established Member
I had the race version on my 13. Cold start was pretty loud, but I had Kooks headers and o/r h pipe also.

Once it idled down it was surprisingly quiet.

esacteksab

Established Member
I'm doing the same thing. FRPP X-Pipe to MBRP Street. It is sitting here on the floor. Should go on this weekend. What I have seen, the build quality is excellent. Hoping for a similar sound, just a better fit.

esacteksab

Established Member
Got mine installed this AM. It is a bit louder than FRPP X-pipe with stock mufflers at start up, but not so much so that it is too loud (wake your neighbors loud).

When you get on it, it's (IMO) the perfect amount of deep rumble. Though at 3/4" throttle, it sort of sounds like a whoppy cushion or like you're sticking your tongue out sort of sound.

The interior noise is non-existent going down the road.

Completely happy with it. Wished I had done it first rather than FRPP X-pipe.

Users who are viewing this thread