McDonalds bitch slaps San Francisco's 'Happy Meal ban'

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
find a Five Guys. awesome burgers. Firehouse subs if you want a sub LOL

this. their food is nasty as hell. laced with preservatives, pre-cooked, stuck in a warmer, put on a bun with a cold slab of cheese and served to the idiot willing to pay $4.98 + tax for a value meal.

Sonic sucks, burger king has fallen fast since they stopped flame broiling their burgers. Wendys and Backyard Burger are about the only two fast food places I eat at anymore because you can still get a damn good burger that's cooked fresh, served hot and taste's decent.

mostly if I go out to eat it's a dine in restaurant, where I sit down, place an order and wait for them to cook it and bring it to my table. Chinese food (not the fast food joints), but the nice eat-in one's that take about 15-20 minutes to prepare your food, or Applebee's or O'Charleys.

Machdup1

Established Member
Waits for Ronald McDonald to join the ICP. After that they will burn SF to the ground.

THE_STIG

Established Member
I am happy that I have not eaten at a McDonald's in over 10 years. That fast food shit is disgusting.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I am happy that I have not eaten at a McDonald's in over 10 years. That fast food shit is disgusting.

After 59 years and never even trying yogurt my wife talked me into trying it.

I must now report that my new most favorite food on the planet is Chobani 0 fat blueberry yogurt, that I add additional blueberries and also add walnut pieces to.

It is positively ridiculously delicious! Plus I have dropped from 183 to 165 in 6 months and I never go hungry,

I love this stuff-> Chobani Yogurt - Products - Non-fat Yogurt

THE_STIG

Established Member
After 59 years and never even trying yogurt my wife talked me into trying it.

I must now report that my new most favorite food on the planet is Chobani 0 fat blueberry yogurt, that I add additional blueberries and also add walnut pieces to.

It is positively ridiculously delicious! Plus I have dropped from 183 to 165 in 6 months and I never go hungry,

I love this stuff-> Chobani Yogurt - Products - Non-fat Yogurt

No homo, Yogurt is awesome. It is the one thing always stocked in my fridge. I prefer strawberry over blueberry though.

Not sure where you live in NJ but if you're ever by me, North Arlington, come by and try my burger...promise you'll like it better than Five Guys. And it'll be on the house. :beer:

:lol: Are you serious? Some of the worst burgers I've ever had in my life have been in a pizza joint.

What's the name of the place? I'm not too far from N. Arlington.

thepizz

OP is a good person
Established Member
:lol: Are you serious? Some of the worst burgers I've ever had in my life have been in a pizza joint.

What's the name of the place? I'm not too far from N. Arlington.

That's an unfair generalization. My place is far from a pizza joint. That's how we started off but I'm on a different level now. Am I a high class restaurant, no. Nor am I a typical pizzeria. 8 beers on tap...River Horse, Defiant, DogFishHead,Yards,Red Hook...and we start at 6 am everyday cause every thing is prepped fresh, daily. Better you just come by and see for yourself. Check my post times on here. Never before 11pm cause that's when I end my days!
Arlington Pizza & Restaurant
25 Schuyler Ave.
North Arlington,NJ 07031

Last edited:
That's an unfair generalization. My place is far from a pizza joint. That's how We started off but I'm on a different level. Am I a high class restaurant, no. Nor am I a typical pizzeria. 8 beers on tap...River Horse, Defiant, DogFishHead,Yards,Red Hook...and we start at 6 am everyday cause every thing is prepped fresh, daily. Better you just come by and see for yourself.
25 Schuyler Ave.
North Arlington,NJ 07031

I'm going to have to come in very soon and order that burger and some other things from the menu. Then post up my review on SVTP. Do I need to wear a tie and jacket at your pizzeria? :lol: Hope its good wouldn't want to hand out a negative review. :lol:

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned
That's an unfair generalization. My place is far from a pizza joint. That's how we started off but I'm on a different level now. Am I a high class restaurant, no. Nor am I a typical pizzeria. 8 beers on tap...River Horse, Defiant, DogFishHead,Yards,Red Hook...and we start at 6 am everyday cause every thing is prepped fresh, daily. Better you just come by and see for yourself. Check my post times on here. Never before 11pm cause that's when I end my days!
25 Schuyler Ave.
North Arlington,NJ 07031

Hey I might actually stop by on the way back from school this Christmas break.

Can you post your hours?

thepizz

OP is a good person
Established Member
I'm going to have to come in very soon and order that burger and some other things from the menu. Then post up my review on SVTP. Do I need to wear a tie and jacket at your pizzeria? :lol: Hope its good wouldn't want to hand out a negative review. :lol:

Yes but only bow ties. :poke:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
What's McDonald's"? LOL! Seriously, though, I've eaten there maybe twice in the past 5 years. The only meal I can actually eat is their fish fillet. Funny, but McDonald's used to always cater to sit-down diners with the drive-thru supplementing the sit-down. Well, that seems to have changed. Our in-town McDonald's was torn down a few months ago and replaced with a new McDonald's. One quite different from the old one. The original had substantial indoor seating with a one-lane drive-thru. The new one looks very little like a traditional McDonald's and has about 1/3 the seating of the old one. And it has TWO drive-thru lanes. Parking is reduced as well. So it is obvious that McDonald's is discouraging sit-down dining and is pushing in and out drive-thrus. But fortunately I would rarely eat there anyway. Prices are higher than ever. Portions smaller than ever. Food is as uninviting as ever.

What they're doing up in SF is not surprising. Corporations will always find a convenient way to make more money. Providing decent and nutritious food (especially for our children) is hardly a priority. :dw:

Clayton899

Banned
"In order to include a toy with a meal, restaurants must now comply with city-generated nutritional standards. Those are standards that even the "healthier" Happy Meals McDonald's introduced earlier this year don't come close to meeting. (As SF Weekly noted in January, the school lunches our children eat aren't healthy enough to qualify, either). |
Can you justify it. I mean, I couldn't get it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread