McGregor derailed

canadianmach1

Established Member
Ya that is what he needed to shut him up a little, still has a belt, as long as he defends it, he will probably try for the 155lb belt again

Last edited:

VegasMichael

Established Member
Anyone who thought Conor would have an easy time with Nate was delusional. IMO one of the worst possible match-ups for Conor. I'll admit I was surprised at Meisha's victory. I thought Holly would have her way with her.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I was very surprised to hear that Tate won over Holm by submission (unconscious by tight rear-naked choke).

Blown 89

Established Member
Given Holm's past performances I wasn't surprised that Tate won.

A lot of people won money on Diaz last night. That was a bad matchup for McGreggor. He takes too many shots in his fights and the Diaz brothers are relentless and eventually catch you. Frank Shamrock talked about how overwhelming Nick Diaz was in their fight and that for every one big shot he landed Diaz landed four small ones and it eventually ground him down. I was so glad Diaz shut that piece of crap up. Hopefully Frankie Edgar does the same at 145.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Given Holm's past performances I wasn't surprised that Tate won.

A lot of people won money on Diaz last night. That was a bad matchup for McGreggor. He takes too many shots in his fights and the Diaz brothers are relentless and eventually catch you. Frank Shamrock talked about how overwhelming Nick Diaz was in their fight and that for every one big shot he landed Diaz landed four small ones and it eventually ground him down. I was so glad Diaz shut that piece of crap up. Hopefully Frankie Edgar does the same at 145.

We are in agreement on the Diaz fight but why were you surprised about the Holm-Tate fight?

FourSixPony

SLO GT
Established Member
So glad the cocky **** lost. Had Diaz winning soon as it was announced. Conor needs to stick to fighting midgets on short notice.

Holm should have won that fight, Tate was looking pretty desperate with those take down attempts and got a lucky one in the 5th round and caught Holm. Holm is improving and she'll get the belt back, after Ronda takes it from Tate via arm bar. Haha.

Blown 89

Established Member
We are in agreement on the Diaz fight but why were you surprised about the Holm-Tate fight?
With the exception of the Rousey fight Holm has been underwhelming thus far. She's strictly a boxer and eventually a wrestler was going to expose that flaw and there isn't anybody better than Tate. Keep in mind she had Honda's back for a while.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
With the exception of the Rousey fight Holm has been underwhelming thus far. She's strictly a boxer and eventually a wrestler was going to expose that flaw and there isn't anybody better than Tate. Keep in mind she had Honda's back for a while.

If she stayed upright for the last minutes of round 5 Holm would have won by decision BUT she failed! VERY boring fight, was not impressed by the Holly title defense.

CMP

Fanatic Cobra Poster
Established Member
If she stayed upright for the last minutes of round 5 Holm would have won by decision BUT she failed! VERY boring fight, was not impressed by the Holly title defense.

I think Miesha (and her camp) figured out that Holly was more of a counter puncher than anything else. Miesha usually charges in there, but in this fight she held back and waited for Holly to commit for a exchange. In other words they wanted Holly to initiate the contact and Miesha would either get her in a clinch and eventually taking her down. Once down it is all Miesha's world (I think she got a 10-8 round the first time she took Holly down). So obviously once on the ground Miesha had the advantage. What surprised me was that Holly knew that Miesha was just going to try and take her down in the last rounds, but I think the lack of exchanges (no counter punches from Holly) made her commit and either go forward a bit with punches and or kicks before Miesha threw anything.

I hope the next fight is not Meisha vs Rhonda. I hope it is Rhonda vs Holly or Cat Zingano or something. It would be more fair (at least more fair to Holly) to make Rhonda work her way back up a bit after being totally destroyed by Holly.

For the original topic...yes it was nice to see McGregor side railed. Did you see the interview with Nate, Frankie Edgar, and Dominick Cruz? They were ecstatic that McGregor was put down. It was hilarious..especially Nate's outlook during the fight...especially when he tried to take Nate down...

Last edited:

Blown 89

Established Member
I hope the next fight is not Meisha vs Rhonda. I hope it is Rhonda vs Holly or Cat Zingano or something. It would be more fair (at least more fair to Holly) to make Rhonda work her way back up a bit after being totally destroyed by Holly.
Too late. Dana King already announced that Rhonda has the title shot next. Apparently he called her and gave her the news already. That's B.S. IMO.

Blown 89

Established Member
ICwgtIP.gif

VegasMichael

Established Member

True but Holly was up 3 rounds to 1 going into the 5th.

Users who are viewing this thread