McGregor Vs Mayweather Official

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
Thoughts on boxing or the future of boxing? Sure....

(Disclaimer: I am not Irish, nor a CM fan boy)

Boxing is a sport, MMA is a fight. MMA will always be more exciting and popular to watch because there is real danger involved. I also LOL @ the pundit who said CM, "Won't land even ONE punch" Ahem...

I admire boxing, as a sport, and love watching MMA due to its physicality. However, in the octagon, you can lose teeth, break legs, massive bleeding cuts, eye sockets shatter, arms snap, lose an eye, on a regular basis... Boxing is FAR less damaging. We just saw the "biggest fight ever" get stopped, with no massive blood loss or even a knock down. It would be impossible to hold an MMA fight, if the criteria for stopping an MMA fight, was based on boxing's interpretation of a stoppage. That last statement is 100% undeniable.

As far as CM tying 6 weapons (knees, elbows, legs) behind his back and agreeing to fight with only two hands... ONE inside leg kick, or ONE take down, and FM would be done done done. Just one! So in a real fight, obviously a ref, and just boxing skills wouldn't help FM.

Could the best women's college softball team beat the Yankees in a all out softball game? Yeah, I bet the chics could even pitch a shut out. If you don't play/practice softball, you aren't going to be good at it, on a Master's level. FM is a Master at boxing. You ever see some of those chics pitch? Makes even a MLB'er shake in his cleats lol.

If CM represents the NFL, then let FM represent TBE (the best ever running back for example) flag football player. FM is the master of a SPORT, that has very specific methods to attack, and spent his WHOLE life mastering 6 basic punches. In this very limited environment, the boxing ring, it's no surprise FM beat him with the 33 years of practicing "only punching". With no contact, no fear of a inside leg kick, no worries about a take down, and the only way to tackle is to pull a flag, sure "THE BEST EVER" flag foot ball player, could beat an NFL player, playing flag football. The odds would be similar to this fight. Would that be a real test of who is better at football, or just an exhibition of who is the best flag football team?

This wasn't a competition of who's a better fighter, it was an exhibition of who is better at the sport of boxing. For a man with a 0-0-0 record, to go almost 12 rounds (ask any fighter, its a big step from just 10 to 12 rounds), against the "best the boxing has to offer / the best boxer of our generation", is a pretty pathetic display from FM. It would be like the Yankees beating the local community college softball team 1-0. Sometimes a win is not a win. Granted FM is no heavy weight, with real KO power, but you would think TBE would have made a bigger statement. So, let's give FM 2 years to learn kickboxing and jujitsu, step in the octagon, with his 0-0-0 record, and see how long THAT lasts, rhetorically speaking of course.

So it took a MMA fighter, to stir up the boxing world. It's good for boxing, and great for MMA. I'll continue to watch, and enjoy, both.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Thoughts on boxing or the future of boxing? Sure....

(Disclaimer: I am not Irish, nor a CM fan boy)

Boxing is a sport, MMA is a fight. MMA will always be more exciting and popular to watch because there is real danger involved. I also LOL @ the pundit who said CM, "Won't land even ONE punch" Ahem...

I admire boxing, as a sport, and love watching MMA due to its physicality. However, in the octagon, you can lose teeth, break legs, massive bleeding cuts, eye sockets shatter, arms snap, lose an eye, on a regular basis... Boxing is FAR less damaging.

Just because you can't SEE the damage done in boxing, doesn't t mean it doesn't exist. I'd like to see how much brain damage occurs through boxing.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
CM apparently landed more punches (111) against FM than most boxers that have faced FM. That's pretty damn impressive for a guy that is not really a boxer.

21077429_1646571138709194_2385332334753940964_n.jpg

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
CM apparently landed more punches (111) against FM than most boxers that have faced FM. That's pretty damn impressive for a guy that is not really a boxer.

21077429_1646571138709194_2385332334753940964_n.jpg

Those other guys have a chance to go 10 rounds too? I'd look at the ratio of punches per round for more of a real comparison.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
.......this wasn't a competition of who's a better fighter, it was an exhibition of who is better at the sport of boxing. For a man with a 0-0-0 record, to go almost 12 rounds (ask any fighter, its a big step from just 10 to 12 rounds), against the "best the boxing has to offer / the best boxer of our generation", is a pretty pathetic display from FM. It would be like the Yankees beating the local community college softball team 1-0. Sometimes a win is not a win. Granted FM is no heavy weight, with real KO power, but you would think TBE would have made a bigger statement. So, let's give FM 2 years to learn kickboxing and jujitsu, step in the octagon, with his 0-0-0 record, and see how long THAT lasts, rhetorically speaking of course.

So it took a MMA fighter, to stir up the boxing world. It's good for boxing, and great for MMA. I'll continue to watch, and enjoy, both.

Agree with this. However, FM fought his fight. He waited for CM to gas (which we knew he would-- his cardio/conditioning sucks!) and then rained down his game upon CM. I was happy FM stood in front of CM in the beginning and ate a bunch of his punches.

All that said, a better conditioned MMA fighter--either of the Diaz bros--would have kicked FM's ass in this boxing match IMO.

Google Diaz bros and how serious they take their cardio... shit is insane!

97snakebite

Established Member
Did you guys see that two out of the three judges scored the first 3 rounds 2-1 in favor of Mayweather?

I'm not sure how that would even be possible.
I saw the opposite I saw 10 from McGregor and nines for Mayweather the first three rounds then Mayweather got 10 the next three rounds

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I saw the opposite I saw 10 from McGregor and nines for Mayweather the first three rounds then Mayweather got 10 the next three rounds

You saw the unofficial judge's take on it. Two out of the three official judges scored it 2-1 Floyd after 3.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Agree with this. However, FM fought his fight. He waited for CM to gas (which we knew he would-- his cardio/conditioning sucks!) and then rained down his game upon CM. I was happy FM stood in front of CM in the beginning and ate a bunch of his punches.

All that said, a better conditioned MMA fighter--either of the Diaz bros--would have kicked FM's ass in this boxing match IMO.

Google Diaz bros and how serious they take their cardio... shit is insane!

CM has had knee issues and surgeries in the past, so he understandably avoided running. Think most of his cardio came from biking, rowing etc. Those are great cardio exercises, however nothing beats running. I have heard the Diaz brothers do Ironmans and marathons, so they definitely have some crazy conditioning.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Time to move on to the GGG vs Canelos
Fight.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Time to move on to the GGG vs Canelos
Fight.

Speaking of which...boxing just shit the bed once again! A draw?

The sport of boxing billed this as the biggest fight in years between the best two fighters in the world, and they drew. LOL

**** boxing...when is the next UFC ppv?

Blown 89

Established Member
Speaking of which...boxing just shit the bed once again! A draw?

The sport of boxing billed this as the biggest fight in years between the best two fighters in the world, and they drew. LOL

**** boxing...when is the next UFC ppv?
I'm a huge boxing fan and yeah, they make it really hard to enjoy the sport. If the government is going to be as involved in fighting as they are they need to put an end to the blatant corruption. If not back out of it and turn it over to the private sector.

Users who are viewing this thread