McGuier's NXT Wax - BAD Experience

cobraCMDR

I Whine
Established Member
Try like they said rub off quick..... but don't rush...use a lot of terry towels always one that has nothing on it to do a final buff, an do one pannel at a time.

10thTerminator

Established Member
Could it be fabric softener on the terry cloth towels and nxt reacting to it? I have switched to micro fiber everything and am never going back, they work great.

hawaiiboysz

Established Member
I spoke to a Meguairs representative at the world of wheels car show they were selling the Porter cable buffer and a ton of extra stuff for 250 but he gave me a few extra pads extra microfiber drying cloth. Anyways in the kit came the NXT line of everything and from what the dude told me NXT works best on black. I told him I used NXT on my car but it aint performing like I expected. He said try the PC buffer so I heard about it and bought it. It not took all the swirls out it made my car look like it had 4 miles again. I have to say NXT alone does not work or look as good as when applied with the PC buffer. No swirls no funky streaks nothing just bling bling shine!

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
CobrafanDT said:
Updated with pics below......

Please help, last night I washed and waxed the car with this stuff, brand new bottle. 65 Deg and 35% humidity. I buffed with cotten terry cloths. The car is a disaster, it is streaky all over the car. Last night I didn't think it was that bad, but when I saw it this morning, :fm: :nonono: .

It seemed to go on very uneven no matter what I did. now it looks like streaks of darker waxed paint and lighter paint with no wax.

Should I do another coat? Anyone else have problems with this stuff? Before this bottle, I was using the "Gold", and that stuff was awesome, perfect finish.

Should I use Dawn and just start from scratch? I could not have done any damage, could I? I wish I could take some pictures, but the camera is in the shop.

Sorry for rambeling, I am just very frustrated and dissapointed.

Aaron

go with plan B and strip it and start over. you might have gotten a bad bottle.

did you shake it well before you used it?

Tom

Snarf

Lacey Chabert FTW!
Established Member
I've had that exact same thing happen on my old 99. I had applied it too thickly. TO get the 'greasy haze' look off, all you need to do is buff with a little more effort with a microfiber towel.

I dont know why anyone uses terry towels anymore to buff wax off. use microfibers! They'll cut your elbow grease effort by like 45%. :)

Users who are viewing this thread