McKee's 37 SiO2 Rinseless Wash...

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Anyone familiar with this Si02 rinseless from Mckees ??? Currently a fan of the DG932 rinsless and wanted to know if the performance of the Mckees (~$115) justifies the cost over the DG (~$29) for the 128oz size jugs???

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
I still have a good bit of N914 still and it was always a tossup between that and the DG932. Just seemed to have an easier time clearing heavy winter grime with the DG vice the N914 and thats why I liked it more.

Whats your opinion on the rinseless washes that add a protection/shine element vice the ones that just clean and leave nothing behind like the N914??? Probably a waste of money for the added protection/shine since I always use a drying aide but Im always looking for new products to try.

jayk17

Established Member
I'm curious also. I've tried their MK37-581 Rinseless Wash and the result was great.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I've never tried a rinseless wash but have always wanted to learn more about it, and this thread pushed me in that direction. I just watched a YT video tutorial and I'm impressed. My G-70 doesn't get dirty (has never seen rain or winter), so I just might give it a shot. At least now I now the process of using a rinseless wash regimen.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
I got into rinseless washing out of necessity when I was an apartment dweller without a spicket or wash bay. Even now with a pressure washer, DI system, foam cannon and an assortment of auto wash soaps I am sticking with rinseless washing. Its just so much faster and simpler with only 2 buckets (wash/rinse), a wash mit and drying towel to worry about.

Im gonna try out the SIO2 rinseless if for no other reason than to keep the bottle and re-use it. Might just use it to maintain the ceramic coat on my Cobra, guess I will see when I finally pick up a bottle and see what I think.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah, being without a water source/hose makes rinseless washing a good option. Do you have a limit as far as how dirty your car is before you do a rinseless wash?

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah, being without a water source/hose makes rinseless washing a good option. Do you have a limit as far as how dirty your car is before you do a rinseless wash?

With normal driving no, if I get covered in mud then I would hose that off first. I will say that with winter grime/salt a 2 bucket wash is absolutely necessary, I did single bucket for years (not in the snow belt) with no issues but only do 2 bucket now as it is much much better for the paint. FYI 2 gallons of rinseless wash is plenty for a sedan but I find for the Raptor I need at least 3 gallons.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
*Update time*
Washed the truck today and here are my observations using the SI02 rinseless wash. First the good.
  • Smells good, nothing to brag about though.
  • Bottle saves me from having to use a separate measuring cup, definitely gonna keep it.
  • Works infinitely better with the hard water from my house. Usually I have to go back and do a once over looking for any white spots left behind from drips or spots I may have missed when drying. I didnt notice any white spots left behind from the hard water, biggest plus in my book.
  • Leaves my wash mitt clean and the dirt in the rinse bucket.
  • 1oz for 3 gallons is perfect for washing my truck.
Now the (possibly) not so good.
  • Definitely not so good on extra grimey spots (read below).
  • Possibly didnt do so great with bee poop, bug strikes (read below).
Usually I can just hit these (grime and bugs) first when I start a panel to soften them up and follow up before drying and they would lift using DG932. Really had to concentrate on them in order to get them to lift which they did eventually but definitely took more effort. I still have not done my spring detail (clay towel, collonite 845) and this is the first wash with bugs being out in force so I will reserve judgment on bug performance until after that. So far so good, will report back in a week or so after it gets piled on with some pollen, rain and road grime.

Mckees1.jpg

Mckees2.jpg

Mckees3.jpg

Mckees5.jpg

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
Awesome truck!

OK, appreciate the review! Keep us posted the next time you use, curious to see if you still have those same issues. Perhaps a bit heavier ratio?

Canuck03SVT

Established Member
No idea since I've never used this method, but I'm glad you brought up the topic. I'll have to try this method.

Users who are viewing this thread