McLaren Speedtail Reveal

96 cobra

Established Member
It's ugly, but not the outrageous "there's a little Guy Fieri in all of us" ugliness of the Senna.
3c638d096f84539516136b9d930ceeba--guy-fieri-celebrity-chef.jpg

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member

MisterScrub

Established Member
Yep. That's the PPG pace car built with dodge. Last I heard, several years ago, it had been found and was being restored.

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
You mean the Turbo Interceptor. That's what they called the car in the movie.

The 570GT, P1, 650S, MP4-12C, and 675LT aren't too bad.

Yeah, the 675LT is decent looking. The others, not so much, except for the P1, not too bad. I want to like Mclaren so bad, but damn, it's tough. A car has to look good to me or it's tough to like it, no matter how amazing the performance. Ferrari went through that phase and then they came out with the 488 GTB. I have hope for McLaren.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Ferrari went through that phase and then they came out with the 488 GTB.

The 458 wasn't bad looking. That was one of the first mainstream Ferraris I ever actually liked the looks of. And to be honest, I have a hard time telling a 458 from a 488 at a quick glance. I love the F12 and 812, too. Too bad I'll never be able to buy any.

Kiohtee

Established Member
I'm not saying we can't critique it just because we can't afford it, but the people this car was made for, have third and fourth homes bigger than of our primary residences. Lol

I'm actually OK with it. It's just offensive and futuristic enough for me to like.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I forgot about the Regera, 0-300 in 10.9 seconds.

80 units.

I just watched the Jay Leno's garage on the Regera. I never knew they had an all new hybrid setup that did away with the transmission. I love the work Koenigsegg does. It's truly unique.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I just watched the Jay Leno's garage on the Regera. I never knew they had an all new hybrid setup that did away with the transmission. I love the work Koenigsegg does. It's truly unique.
It's weird.

It's like a big torque converter or some shit. Dude definitely takes a different approach to how things are done. I wonder how they stand up in the long run?

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
It's weird.

It's like a big torque converter or some shit. Dude definitely takes a different approach to how things are done. I wonder how they stand up in the long run?

Yeah, they couldn't get any converter manufacturers to work with them so they made their own to very specific specs. The car is essentially acting like it is in 7th gear all the time, but with the 800v electric motor it can fill in the lag of what would normally be needed with normal gearing to get the car up to speed. It almost sounds like it could be more efficient in every way because you are doing away with a common weak link in clutches when trying to harness a 1500hp car. Just depends on what that converter can handle and how expensive it is, but we have seen converters handle those power levels before.

Users who are viewing this thread